Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

My heart goes out to all involved:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
whyteb0y is on a distinguished road

This may sound bad, but it's not meant to. But, I think if these cowards are going to do something like this, don't be a damn coward about it and take your own life. Stand up for yourself and take what's coming to you. The media is saying the shooter was "nervous" around people or had mental issues. To me, they're almost making him out to sound like the victim here. What he did was the most cowardly thing you could do. He didn't know those kids, they have probably never crossed paths, yet he chose to go to that school on that day and take the lives of so many innocent kids. I do in a way feel sorry for his surviving family members, they're going to catch the wrath of this horrific ordeal.

I think they should make a law, you do something like this, no matter of the circumstances, if you don't take your own life, you should stand trial, and as soon as you're found guilty, you should be executed. There should be no passing go, just be found guilty, taken out back and executed... plain and simple. Almost make an example out of the people that do things like this, whether it be at a school, hospital, where ever.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:04 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Just makes me wonder how this clown go his hands on 2 handguins and a rifle...? I mean, you cant just come by that stuff where I live. I know in the states everyone has guns, so they must be easier to get on the black market or something. I doubt they belonged to his mother, and besides, dont americans lock up guns? Up here anyone I know that owns guns have them in a gunsafe, and they are long guns. You have to pay a bunch and do alot of tests and qualify for a resitricted possession and aquisition licence, which is mandatory before you can purchase a handgun. Full auto weapons are totally restricted and nobody can own them any way possible. I know only one person that owns handguns here, and hes a sport shooter and has that licence. He cant conceal carry them, thats illegal and even if you had a PAL-R licence, you would find yourself behind bars for being caught with it. They remain trigger locked in a case thats in a locked gunsafe bolted to his basement floor... They arent going anywhere if anyone was to break in his house. It just blows my mind how there is so many shootings and how it seems every american owns guns cause its in their constitution to be able to have guns. If guns werent so easy to get hands on, I doubt these kinds of things would happen as often.

But thats beside the point, I suppose if your soul would allow you to shoot a classroom of 6 year old kids, then where the guns came from is kinda pointless. What would drive someone to be able to do such a thing? The guy lived in a wealthy neighborhood... This story made me sick to hear about.

If he didnt shoot himself, they should not even give a trial, just stake him naked in the Arizona sun tills hes dry as jerky with a live webcam so anyone can check in on his progress.

Last edited by ohsofly; 12-16-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
WLB
Beginning Member
WLB is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, ohsofly, but in spite of the recent election results, most Americans aren't ready to live in a nanny state and play mother may I--for a fee of course--with the government if we want to purchase a gun. We recognize that weapons simply cannot be kept of out the hands of people who are willing to kill. Our biggest school tragedy occurred on May 18, 1927, when 45 people, mostly children, were killed and 58 were injured when a disgruntled and demented school board member Andrew Kehoe dynamited the new school building in Bath, Michigan out of revenge over his foreclosed farm due in part to the taxes required to pay for the new school. No guns involved.

Guns are old technology. Very easy to make with hand tools, and semi auto and auto are the easiest to make. Explosives are even easier to make. There have been several school killings in China using knives.

If you really want to hurt someone you kill the thing that means the most to them and for most of us that is our children. Schools are where there is a high concentration of children so they become the target. Also a very soft target since weapons are not allowed on most school property. Probably the only answer is to do like the airlines have done. Have a WELL TRAINED armed person in each school. Preferably one of the teachers or administrators with the will for the job so they could blend in and not be known to any attacker. A uniformed policeman just means take him out first and then proceed.

We will likely have more school and other shootings as our government, thanks in large part to the ACLU and quack psychiatrists, insists that mental defectives be allowed to run free. Our government pitting one group against another doesn't lower stress levels in the populace either.

Please keep your Canadian style gun laws in Canada. It blows my mind that anyone could believe that someone who is willing to murder will obey a gun law. And take a look at some uTube videos showing how quick the best gun safes can be broken into.