Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Post pics of what your cooking for dinner tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

No worries, just make sure you spend time time in that garage on the c10!

Old 03-24-2020, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Sous vide some ribeyes for 4 hours at 126deg and then finished on a grate directly over a blazing charcoal chimney for a perfect crust. My wife says these were some of the best steaks she has every had! Every bit of fat was rendered out and just melted into every bite. Served with some sauteed spinach.
Name:  AbUIzYRh.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  218.0 KB

Name:  EEDPDVvh.jpg
Size:  197.9 KB

Old 03-24-2020, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran

That looks absolutely amazingly beautifully delicious!!! My mouth is watering and I'm full...

I shouldve taken a picture of what the wife cooked, fried chicken with some southwest bbq chicken seasoning, and asparagus fried in olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DonL
That looks absolutely amazingly beautifully delicious!!! My mouth is watering and I'm full...
Thanks!

Made a prime rib for easter. Sous vide for 48 hours then rubbed with melted butter and fresh chopped herbs and tossed under the broiler for a bit. I made one the same way for xmas two years ago but only did 24 hours in the sous vide and I think 24 hours is the mark for a perfect prime rib. 48 hours caused the meat to be too tender and was like eating a slice of bread which isn't a bad thing but I prefer slightly more chew to my prime rib. Either way the flavor was amazing and the family was happy!
Name:  d2mA0uHh.jpg
Size:  241.0 KB

Name:  hC79izah.jpg
Size:  179.9 KB

Old 04-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Been doing Keto since the second week of Feb so I eat a lot of eggs for lunch with this stay at home crap so I have had to find a way to change them up occasionally. This is 5 eggs with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and then topped with basil pesto and chili garlic hot sauce. They were pretty fantastic!
Name:  tZz4dIih.jpg
Size:  154.3 KB

Here is some keto friendly creme brule I made the other day as well

Name:  TRUwK1ih.jpg
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  sppsO72h.jpg
Size:  93.3 KB

I made a different version of this after getting the proper vanilla paste from amazon and it was much better although whats in the pic was pretty damn good as well.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran

That actually looks really good... both egg and creme brulee.

this is what I had for breakfast, nothing special, but I've been soaking on the food pics lol

Potato wedge poutine with bacon bits and onion rings on the side

gotta love the camping dishes.... been setup in the back yard since the first week of April, been cold but better then being stuck inside!!

Old 04-25-2020, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran

Got some fresh leeks today, so the wife made some potato and leek soup with bacon bits and a garden salade on the side.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:07 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

As it has been raining all day and after some 8 hours of reading work stuff fixing dinner.

chicken with generous amount of red wine stewed with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce and rosmary, then add plenty of diced veggetables.

the advantage of being ahead in timezone. dinneeeeeer

Last edited by error_401; 05-06-2020 at 04:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

^sounds tasty!

I made grilled chicken and flank steak fajitas with homemade spicy chimmichurri sauce last night. I've been on the Keto diet since Feb so the tortillas are lettuce and not tasty flour tortillas. I'm down 25 lbs since Fed 11 though so thats a plus!
Name:  Xv4hal4h.jpg
Size:  195.3 KB

Name:  Tcsw6Ujh.jpg
Size:  158.3 KB

Old 05-29-2020, 05:11 AM
Starting Member
dilann11 is on a distinguished road

rexmburns, wow, looks yummy. I prefer to cook beef in the garden, on separate fire pit grates. Talking of which, my old grate is already has to be replaced by something new, and now I found this great article ( over here: https://bestyardproducts.com/best-fire-pit-grate/ ), which shows a lot of variants of them. I didn't even realize that fire pit grates can have so many variants.

Last edited by dilann11; 06-08-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of what your cooking for dinner tonight!