The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Update to Envoy/Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

well if you have the finances and your looking for a trailblazer you might as well get the good one haha

I have actually heard these are getting fairly cheap, most I have seen are in the mid to high teens with lower miles

Old 02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

fairly cheap is $25000? most of those are rear wheel drive anyway. I've always given the thought of in the future picking up an awd one and putting a lift on. I have yet to find a lifted ss.

and yea I wish I had the same awd system my mom's car has. Her's is the outback sport and its pretty low to the ground, and when we got all that snow her car didn't skip a beat. I be if she had snow tires it probably would have went better than my blazer... well at least in the lower stuff haha

Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

like a said in a different post, gm has most of the tools to make an off-road worthy mid sized suv(blazer body on h3 chassis) to combat the jap and jeep 4x4s, but they dont want to make one. i wonder what is going to happen with the 4.2 straight six. its a good engine, just needs some more low end grunt.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I guess their thought process is the majority of the consumers drive on the road only. and the minority of people who like to go offroading are stuck with older trucks, jeeps, and toyotas... It would be cool to see some new technology in an offroad chevy

Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenjimmy
the 4.2 straight six. its a good engine, just needs some more low end grunt.
Needs more low end grunt compared to what? Compared to a V8, well, maybe. The I6 engine configuration lends itself to more low end torque than a v6 configuration and with the high rpm breathing that this engine is capable of, it really is the best of both worlds.

The torque curve from the 4.2L is practically flat as a table top with over 225ftlbs available at 2500RPM. I can't find it right now, but numbers off of a chassis dyno put a stock 4.2L equiped Envoy at 225ftlbs to the rear wheels at 3000RPM.

Too bad they aren't using that motor in the newer CUV's...

Old 02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

i understand what your saying about the majority dont use there trucks/suv like they should be used. japs showing us(GM) up yet again, the 4runner is still a body on frame suv that is similar size to the cuv highlander. toyota realized that there is still a market for body on frame suvs with off road capabilities. the 4runner probably wont sell as many than the highlander does but it will still sell. i remember reading somewhere that toy will be making fewer body on frame cars(4runners) than cuv. gm could do the same thing but doesnt.

i know that 4.2 is strong motor, it just doesnt feel as strong to me as say my 4.3. i have been in a few trailblazers and driven one to compare and it just feels like it needs so help at lower rpms trying to move the tblazer its in. i drove the tblazer they way i drive my truck; low rpms( never getting over 2grand unless i leave the light happy or weeding my way through traffic), letting the gearing move the truck, easy take offs, etc. i will say, man its got some pep when u wanna move.

Last edited by greenjimmy; 02-23-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

i think the problem is that the market just is not there for the people that would go out and buy a brand new SUV and then offroad it. Sure you see brand new lifted full size trucks and SUV's but how often do most of them go out and do "hard" off roading. plus with all the new safety standards technology that most of the general public want in their vehicles its getting harder and harder to make something that would withstand offroading.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well put there sifd. That was my exact point back when we had that crazy guy trying to start a petition to bring back the Blazer....we all remember that now don't we? lol. Anyway I feel the exact same way as you. I don't think there is a big market there anymore for body on frame vehicles. Most people like the "family friendly" crossovers.