Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Worst car repair job you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Rear bank spark plugs on my old 01 Aztek AWD 3400. Nightmare, gotta remove the whole coil packs and mounting bracket, then grow a second elbow. Cant even see them from the bottom cause the Tcase is in the way.

Harmonic Balancer on my old 350 dime - WITHOUT removing the engine. Removed the radiator instead.

Balljoints (4) on my kid brothers slammed dime 4/6 drop. Hardest part is getting a jack under it.

Intake gaskets on a Mercury Coug with the V6... They have some stupid IMRT (?) thing thats a nightmare to get off. Looks like a second set of butterfly throttles for the secondary intake runner. Kinda like a 4bbl but on an injected engine with dual intake runners.

Many moons ago when I was an apprentice, I dropped a brand new Jeep YJ off a hoist cause the hoist arms have to go on the frame, which is a whole 24 inches long under it. Customer came in for the first oil change, left with a written off Jeep and a rental. Glad I wasnt anywhere near it when it came down on the passenger side. All windows broke, hoist arms tore into the hood and rear body. Broke off both front and rear diffs on the passenger side. Ruined. Then the tow truck had to drag it outside to upright it. Long time customer, she was not upset at all cause accidents happen. She got a new jeep from the shops insurance.
I have always worried about that happening to , from over extending the arms or just lifting something to heavy . I have had it settle onto the arms when I was under it , talk about skid marks . Or our one lift at work has a tricky release when your lowering if you don't get it just right one side comes down and the other side stays up then makes a loud bang , keeps me on my toes I guess .

Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Helped a friend change some of those 2 piece spark plugs in the ford's......never agian let PB blaster soak all night....still broke them all and had to extract the second pieces.

I have taken the cylinder heads off of my motorcycle 3 times....going on 4 with a complete rebuild of the engine along with that (leaking oil out of cyl#1) (1978 honda cb550K)

Changing every break line in a 1986 GMC s-15

Spark plugs on the VW suburban thing....had to jack the engine off of it's mounts to get the rear plugs (also had to jack the engine up to change alternator a week later)

and taking off the hydraulic pump off of our international harvester tractor (not sure what year)

Old 05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Update pos ford ranger water pump , man the friggen thing faught me the hole way out . It calls for 1 hour and it took me four , I couldn't get the fan off the I had to take the ac and power steering off , and there was no room to move even my skinny hands . But I got her done , just didn't make any money .

Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I have helped replaceing a radiators on H1 Hummers, the first one was a learning experiance.