Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Worst customer service ever - NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Worst customer service ever - NSFW

History. My kid brother broke a foglamp on his new 2012 ram 3500, asked me if I could get a new one on eBay, but no aftermarket junk for his brand new truck. Sure, I buy lots of stuff there. Look around, and find lots of TYC brand parts for about 35 plus shipping, then I find this ad:

Dodge RAM Pickup 1500 Right Side Replacement Fog Light 2009 OEM 55372734AA | eBay

Says exactly "Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Right Side Replacement Fog Light 2009 OEM#55372734AA" - Right on, that's the same price for an OEN part like he wanted for his brand new truck. Buy it.

Monday, UPS drops off a TYC box with a TYC light in it. I leave negative feedback because the ad says this is an OEM replacement.

Tuesday, my phone rings (I have an auto call recorder) and this is the phone call that takes place

(have to edit in tomorrow when I upload it)

He hangs up on me, and I try and call back a couple times only to have him hang up on me again. So I grab my home phone and try in 10 minutes when hes cooled down some. I cant record this one as its not on my cell, but heres the convo anyways.

Me - why are you hanging up on me instead of dealing with my issue
Him - You should be reading the ads properly it says in item specidics that its a TYC part
Me - Nobody reads the specifics, we go by the pictures and listing title. Let me play this for you... (plays recording)
Him - OK you can stop it I know what was said
Me - I would like a full refund and will send the part back to you COD
Him - I cant give you a refund, I will lose my job and you already left bad feedback
Me - You will most def lose you job if your boss gets this recording, and you will send me a feedback revision after I get the money back, this is how most people would handle this situation
PAUSE...
Him - Let me call you back in a few minutes I have to ask the supervisor
Me - Ok thanks.

10 minutes later my cell rings again, and here is that conversation.

(Once again have to upload it tomorrow and will edit it in)

So yeah, I got the money back, can keep the part, and got an apology for his mouth. Its amazing how easily a call recorder can make these situations.

Also, don't buy anything from Sonic_Motor on eBay, all they sell is mislabelled jobber stuff.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-27-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

In the 'Item Specifics' it says it is made by TYC. I had their Eleganté tail lights on my Blazer and had no issues with them. I never thought of them as junk.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I buy a lot of items on Ebay as well, and I also look for OEM parts. I would have ordered the part as well based on the listing. The TYC was not mentioned at all in the listing, only in the item catagory and I never look at that. I read the description, check the photo's and even check the feedback rating. I never search by catagory. The listing is definately misleading especially with the way they used the OEM P/N and Description. Most of my ebay buying and selling has been 98/99 % positive. I have had one or two issues buying and I refunded a buyer for an item that I sold because I did not spot a defect when I took the picture and listed the item.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM

I know TYC stuff is good, my brother didn't want anything but a chysler part though. In my hundreds of purchases this is the second bad buy Ive had. The first was a mini Bluetooth keyboard. We use if for the living room TV which has a PC attached to it, we didn't like getting up to put on movies so I wanted a wireless keyboard with 20' of range. Bought a mini one and it didn't come with a Bluetooth dongle. Seller tried to tell me that it doesn't come with them even though the packaging says it does, and there was a space in the pacing where the piece would have been. He ended up refunding me when I bought the new part myself and showed him a photo of how it should have looked. This guy just didn't check his stuff before shipping it out.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-27-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I was comenting on the accurracy of the listing only and not the brand.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM

Exactly, the ad leads you to believe you are getting a genuine part. So I bought it cause that's what we wanted. If you search out "2012ram fog light" you get hundreds of hits and they all say TYC in the title, this was the only one that didn't say that and gave a Chrysler part# instead. Very midleading. Im gonna try and get this audio up on youtube so you can all hear it. Im not very good with this computer stuff so bear with me. I don't even know where to upload an audio file to for a link. I think Ill just be one of those dinks that makes an audio clip youtube vid...

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Mrthelaxer is on a distinguished road

ill "bear" with you :P

Attached Thumbnails Worst customer service ever - NSFW-bear-bird-.-not-oc_acf461_4481842.jpg