Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

2door vs 4door off road.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You get 2!!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:02 PM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah that is definitively 2 star worthy.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biohazed
hah can Beat the Civic I took a 1976 Cutlass with Radial T/A's down a mud trail years ago and didn't get stuck lol do I get a Gold Star?
i once removed a chunck of asphalt about 16" x 24" with the front bumper of my LeSabre, chasing down 3 ******** in a pick-up that had tried to run me off the road.

i guess they thought the ditch they went through was gonna keep me from following them-HAH!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimhens82
86blazer327. the zr2 is much more than u say (coming from a "tech") i am also a tech and own a 2000 zr2 and 2002 4dr 4x4
Ladder Type Frame with Modified Mounting Points
100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)
Increased Ground Clearance (Approx 3" over Regular S-Series 4x4)
Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio
Larger wheel and axle bearings
31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer) <LI sizset="4" sizcache="0">Fender Flares
46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks
Rear Track Bar (Pickup), Front Anti-Sway Bar (Blazer)
Skid Plates [1]
Front/Rear Disc brakes (1998-2005) , Disc/Drum brakes (1994-1997)
Full Size Spare Tire
along with locking rear diff.
I was pointing out the high points of the package.....I can do more with half the money the dealership wanted for that package .....

Old 12-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i have to put my 2 cents in about taking cars off road 92 Le Baron LX "the luxury one with all leather interior and digital dash" and also a 94 Pontiac grand am SE 4door i actually dented the floor of the car up on rocks and stuff and the le baron i went wheeling with the windows down one time and the back seat got filled with mud i didnt realize it till the next day

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by butters
i would say 2dr in any serious offroad application. look at other makes and models which ones are used. jeeps for example, the wrangler is used offroad ten times more then a cherokee or there longer 4dr models. and if your anything like me and want to look at your truck when its clean and think its nice looking how could you not choose a 2dr.
Like everyone said. XJ's are a very capable off road vehicle. You cant fit all your gear and five other friends gear and the freinds in a wrangler now can ya. lol

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
Nobody wheels XJ's?!?!?!?!?!?
Have you lost your mind? Thats one of the most popular trail rigs. Cheap , easily modified and they go great.
Everybody in the SE US that does any serious wheeling with a CJ,YJ,or TJ has stretched it and put full width axles under it so thats no valid arguement in my book.

2 door models look better , Ill agree there. Thats why I used a 2 door cab on my trail rig and just lined the rear fenderwells up and sawed the fronts out.

Its already been said once, Pick one out , buy it , wheel it and tell us about it. If I were looking for somthing to be on trail only status it would be a K5 honestly , so you could get away from the IFS
my thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by Drifter666
lol i have to put my 2 cents in about taking cars off road 92 Le Baron LX "the luxury one with all leather interior and digital dash" and also a 94 Pontiac grand am SE 4door i actually dented the floor of the car up on rocks and stuff and the le baron i went wheeling with the windows down one time and the back seat got filled with mud i didnt realize it till the next day
hahaha

Now to show you XJ haters up here is my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

very nice rig JRob238, gotta luv the Classic lines of those Cherokee's

Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Thanks it for sell lol. Gotta fund the extra parts i need for that super charger lol

Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone notice thats a nice looking 4DR cherokee?

Last edited by 96Blazernut; 12-14-2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: content
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I dont think you can bring the Cherokee into this 4dr vs 2dr offroad debate. The Cherokee is completely different then the Blazer and was mainly built as a 4dr. There seems to be more (if not then an equal amount) of both body styles when it comes to the Blazer. 2Dr Cherokees are fairly uncommon. Beyond that the body styles are completely different.
Nice cherokee that was posted BTW. Love the Cragar rims and the tires.

Quick Reply: 2door vs 4door off road.