Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

blazer's off-road ability

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer's off-road ability

I think a stock blazer fairs pretty well off-road. It's not the worst I've ever been in, nor the best. I've had mine in some pretty tough spots and not had too much trouble.

I did however have an old 78 model CJ5 Jeep, and in the same places the blazer starts to have trouble, the jeep would just go through like there wasn't anything there.

The problem with the Jeep when I had it was that I absolutely HATED having to get on pavement with it. It was almost like torcher driving on pavement. I do miss the power of the 304, the sound of the exhaust exiting just in front of the back tires, and being able to drive around with the top and doors off in the middle of summer.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:57 PM
blazinrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly the big thing with mudding is if u no how to drive then u can get through some ****. proof is when i took my old cutlass out in the mud and got through some stuff that this guy with a lifted bronco got stuck in. yes trucks have there limits but it helps if u have the ability to oush ur truck to them.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is all cool, i appreciate the info!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

We have a Blazer 4x4 & I'm impressed with it so far. As for Jeeps if you think Blazers have problems just go buy a Jeep then you will know problems. I worked for a Jeep dealership in the 70s when AMC owned them, With the buy out by Chrysler it doidn't help them much. I would take an old Toyota Land Cruiser any day over a Jeep.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:00 PM
chevyrules05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the HUMMER H1 is the best off road stock truck it can go thru things that most lifted truck can't, my unclein nevada has one and we went thru so much mud sand over rocks and up mauntians and it never gave up or got stuck, we even drove thru a river

here is a cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf9FPs40VUM

Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Yea I agree, but having said that for $70,000 it aught too. For that kind of money it should get your rocks off.

One thing I thought of this moning was TIRES play a major role in how well a vehicle does off road.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:35 AM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the blazer better for off roading due to the fact that not everybody off roads a blazer there is just to many jeeps out there i want to be different! and i couldnt be happier how my blazer does off roading i went wheeling yesterday with a lifted liberty and a bronco with 32's and i am the only one that didnt get stuck

Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Starting Member
Sterling is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 4x4blazerguy

Yea I agree, but having said that for $70,000 it aught too. For that kind of money it should get your rocks off.

One thing I thought of this moning was TIRES play a major role in how well a vehicle does off road.
I'd say the majority comes from the tires. My blazer is absolutely worthless off road even though its 4x4. The previous owner bought new "sport" tires for it about 5,000 miles before selling it......
I'm hopefully upgrading to some BFG A/T 30.5/9.5/15s on rockcrawler wheels as soon as i start getting my paychecks from my new job.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 AM
bluecoot is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my blazer on the street. Their is a reason that you dont see blazers offroad. Their frontends are to weak to take offroad. The ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, and the wheel bearing hub assembles are to weak and way to expense to replace. Like I said I love my blazer. Jeeps are all cool and all, but they will hurt the old pocket book. Now in my expereance offroading 79 to 85 toyota trucks it the way to go. I own a 79 Toyota pickup and its is a problem free truck. I take it up in the hills and beat the living crap out of it and drive it home everytime. You can do so many things to a toyota for cheap if not free and dominate the hills, rocks and whatever you point the wheels at. Oh and did I mention you can actually work work on them with out spending alot of money and everything on them is serviceable. I would love to take the blazer up wheelin but I cant afford to fix it every time I go up. I know that is is a blazer forum and all but I will try and post some pics.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't see blazer's offroad...? .... .....

Quick Reply: blazer's off-road ability