Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

first real off-road trek

Old 03-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
Superpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first real off-road trek

I've done the snpw driving and the little dips offroad on dirt trails and small mud puddles but never anything like this. Was the only non jeep vehicle in the group and i stuck with them very well. All of the jeeps had at least 4 inch lifts, and then their was me and my stock height blazer. Went to a place just outside Tucson here called Chivo Falls. Got down the first steep hill and down the obstacle called three feathers. Thought i was gonna bash some metal in for a second there. Then we just followed the trail to a creek. After a brief stop we shot down the creek that actually had some water in it and over even more rocks. We stopped at a place call the pre ponds. Very nice. Crusieing for the ponds toward the falls is where i started to have a few problems. Got myself high centered a bit then sank the rear into the wet, loose sand of the creek. Here the trail got more wicked and i had to end up taking the easier trail. But that was the only help i needed from the jeep that was following me. We came to another stopping point and all the jeep guys told me they were impressed with the performance of my blazer. Then the trail was about to get way wicked so one of my buddies said i should park it and jump in with him. Good thing too. My stock ride height would have caused major damage. Then on the way out we followed the same trail we came in only uphill this time. Threw it in 4 lo and crawled everywhere i needed to go. Their are a few scrapes on the frame and the skid plates are thinner but my blazer made it through with the best of them. So my confidence in the blazer off road as well as my driving has gone up considerably. I still recognize that i can't shoot down any trail because of the stock height, but the easy to moderate trails i'll go down all day long. Thbaks for reading and i should get pics and vids of the blazer doing it's thing this week . Also, if the pic does upload correctly i had my hood up just to get hot air out. Nothing was wrong with it!!

Superpoo

Old 03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: first real off-road trek

Sounds like you had a great time. These types of trips just shows us that our trucks are better than most people think they are off road.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like a good time! blazers rock!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah hah!!! Stockers rock!!! honestly..the only thing holding back a stock blazer from the really nasty stuff...it's ride height...every thing else is there....