Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Center console plastic mount repair?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Question Center console plastic mount repair?

04 LS 4dr, has the flow through console without a floor shifter or tape deck in the front.

Has the single mounting hole that a bolt passes through in the front under the rubber insert, and the two rear mounts under the console storage bin. The one in the front, the plastic around the hole is pretty much completely busted off... The bolt will no longer grab onto it to hold the console to the floor.

Has anyone ever got creative on repairing this so the bolt will grab the console again? I work in a junk yard and I've searched all the Blazers here, and they're all either broken already or not far from it...

Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

See the link on how I fixed my 1st Gen Center Console mounting holes. You might be able to do something similar.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-ge...g-holes-42989/

Old 05-28-2014, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the link The mount at the front of the 98+ is a little different though... a stud sticks out from the floor and the console slides down over it, and then a 10mm nut holds it to the floor. It's the area that the nut rests against that's busted off, and it's sort of at the bottom of a "tunnel" for lack of a better word, that's about 3 inches long... might be able to epoxy a PVC pipe end cap on the bottom of it and drill a hole for the stud to pass through. Guess I just need to explore my options, was just curious if anyone's tried anything already in this particular spot since it seems to be a common breakage judging by what I'm seeing a the junk yard.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Thanks for the link The mount at the front of the 98+ is a little different though... a stud sticks out from the floor and the console slides down over it, and then a 10mm nut holds it to the floor. It's the area that the nut rests against that's busted off, and it's sort of at the bottom of a "tunnel" for lack of a better word, that's about 3 inches long... might be able to epoxy a PVC pipe end cap on the bottom of it and drill a hole for the stud to pass through. Guess I just need to explore my options, was just curious if anyone's tried anything already in this particular spot since it seems to be a common breakage judging by what I'm seeing a the junk yard.
Do you think you would be able to take a picture of your fix?

Old 06-02-2014, 01:41 PM

Well for now I'm just bolting one in that's in much better shape, although it's starting to crack a little... so until it breaks loose and starts falling apart completely, I'm just going to run it like it is. But if I start having issues, I'll be doing a repair job

Old 06-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Well for now I'm just bolting one in that's in much better shape, although it's starting to crack a little... so until it breaks loose and starts falling apart completely, I'm just going to run it like it is. But if I start having issues, I'll be doing a repair job
i just thought of an idea XD
Get like a solid rubber stop... Drill a hole into the stopper. Stick it into the hole... Maybe silicon it in. and then silicon it onto the bolt XD

I dunno lol
Ill have to take mine apart on a day off :P