Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

"Luxury" interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1992blazer
I found beige onces once and they were gone the next day i knew i should have got them when i had the chance and now i lucked out!

i know how that goes!

like i told you about those Envoy seats, i was not going to pass up a near mint set of Buck GS wheels i saw on an unprocessed car @ my favorite JY today.

called him from the yard on my cell, told him i'd take 'em.

you'll find what you're looking for one day. just be ready for it.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

I'm working on a 50/50 rear seat swap out of an '01 2dr into my '89.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
I'm working on a 50/50 rear seat swap out of an '01 2dr into my '89.
We need some pics!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Starting Member

so far I've had to swap a seat bracket because you can't in fact use the old brackets on the new seats. And I cut the cables, so I had to skin that seat off enough to replace the headrest cable and the drop-forward cable. And I also had to get new seat belts, which required some cutting on the side panels of the trim.

Also, my roommate's Bronco II needed new power window motors. And a wing window. Which ate all my time today (grumble stupid ford freakin' pop riveting the window regulator in there)

Last edited by theonetruetom; 02-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member
1992blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i know how that goes!

like i told you about those Envoy seats, i was not going to pass up a near mint set of Buck GS wheels i saw on an unprocessed car @ my favorite JY today.

called him from the yard on my cell, told him i'd take 'em.

you'll find what you're looking for one day. just be ready for it.
oh yea, right now im still worried about just getting my truck to pass inspection so thats what i have been working on. but i got 200 bucks away cause the guy at the junk yard said 100 bucks for all 3 seats i need and they could be leather or whatever. so when i find one im taking them right there! lol

Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Starting Member

oh yea, right now im still worried about just getting my truck to pass inspection so thats what i have been working on. but i got 200 bucks away cause the guy at the junk yard said 100 bucks for all 3 seats i need and they could be leather or whatever. so when i find one im taking them right there! lol
if you have a 4dr, you can use any second gen seats, some of those are leather, some are power, some are heated in the later models but expect the one handle on them to be broken off or missing. vise grips work good for that, or you can try and find the handles on later trips to the yard. If you're rocking a 2dr, you have to get seats out of a 2dr blazer, no matter what generation you go. otherwise they won't fold forward. if you go with '98+ seats, the nuts attached to the studs holding the track to the seat are hell to get out unless you use a ratcheting box wrench. you'll also have to drill 2 holes per seat and replace the hardware mounting them to the track. make sure you have a T50 bit if you're pulling out of a 2nd gen truck. if you want the back seats from a 2nd gen, they're a little trickier but not impossible. you basically have to swap rear seat belts AND seats.

Since the 2nd gen is pretty much common in u-pull salvage yards and all.

Last edited by theonetruetom; 02-13-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member

if you have a 4dr, you can use any second gen seats, some of those are leather, some are power, some are heated in the later models but expect the one handle on them to be broken off or missing. vise grips work good for that, or you can try and find the handles on later trips to the yard. If you're rocking a 2dr, you have to get seats out of a 2dr blazer, no matter what generation you go. otherwise they won't fold forward. if you go with '98+ seats, the nuts attached to the studs holding the track to the seat are hell to get out unless you use a ratcheting box wrench. you'll also have to drill 2 holes per seat and replace the hardware mounting them to the track. make sure you have a T50 bit if you're pulling out of a 2nd gen truck. if you want the back seats from a 2nd gen, they're a little trickier but not impossible. you basically have to swap rear seat belts AND seats.

Since the 2nd gen is pretty much common in u-pull salvage yards and all.
found heated, power leather seats in the junk yard yesterday in amazing condition... and there grey dont need a back seat. more worried about by butt being warm in the winter days not the backseaters (its a 4 door by the way)

Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Starting Member

found heated, power leather seats in the junk yard yesterday in amazing condition... and there grey dont need a back seat. more worried about by butt being warm in the winter days not the backseaters (its a 4 door by the way)
but once you get the fronts in there, it's gonna look weird if you don't match the rears. At least, that was part of my reasoning behind my 50/50 swap to '00 seats. I'm already running '00 front seats out of a ZR2, and the rears I found are the same color.

Plus, my stock rear seat always sat with one side higher than the other, and it was getting annoying to me. And I had the money to do the swap.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Beginning Member

but once you get the fronts in there, it's gonna look weird if you don't match the rears. At least, that was part of my reasoning behind my 50/50 swap to '00 seats. I'm already running '00 front seats out of a ZR2, and the rears I found are the same color.

Plus, my stock rear seat always sat with one side higher than the other, and it was getting annoying to me. And I had the money to do the swap.
It may look a little weird but for the most part the back seat will be folded down. i will get the back seat aswell with the mounts etc. but i wouldnt rush to put the back in, its only a winter truck and something i can play with on the trails.