Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Paint help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:16 PM
awill is on a distinguished road
Default Paint help

Has anyone painted their lower valance?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by awill
Has anyone painted their lower valance?
what I am try to ask is. I painted my front lower bumper (valance) to color match my truck, and the paint keeps peeling off. I don't want to have to sand down and repaint every week. Is there anyone out there that could give any suggestions?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Flex additive and proper surface prep. You can't paint over the factory surface without roughing it up for proper adhesion.

You probably can find a few youtube videos on the subject of painting plastic bumpers/etc fairly easily.

Are you trying to rattle can this?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Strip it down to bare plastic, use a grey scotchbrite pad, Ajax powdered bleach, a little bit of degreaser(spraynine, purple power or the like) , and water to scuff and clean the bare plastic. Clean thoroughly with water, and dry.

Clean with isopropyl alcohol. Spray with adhesion promoter(IMPORTANT!). Seal, and paint.

If you follow that procedure it'll last as long as the rest of the truck.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Flex additive and proper surface prep. You can't paint over the factory surface without roughing it up for proper adhesion.

You probably can find a few youtube videos on the subject of painting plastic bumpers/etc fairly easily.

Are you trying to rattle can this?
yes sir I I trying to rattle can this

Old 06-12-2018, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Strip it down to bare plastic, use a grey scotchbrite pad, Ajax powdered bleach, a little bit of degreaser(spraynine, purple power or the like) , and water to scuff and clean the bare plastic. Clean thoroughly with water, and dry.

Clean with isopropyl alcohol. Spray with adhesion promoter(IMPORTANT!). Seal, and paint.

If you follow that procedure it'll last as long as the rest of the truck.
ok thanks. Will give it a shot.