Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing first gen door, completely

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default Removing first gen door, completely

I need to remove the door on the jimmy completely (drivers front) I have done pins and bushings before, but I realized the hinges on the door side are not squared. So I need to remove the door and square them up.

Now that brings me to the question, how hard is it to remove the door completely, unhooking the harnesses inside the door ect? (power locks, windows, mirror)

Old 08-12-2015, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

most cars you have to take the door panel off and disconnect everything and just pull it out of the little hole where all the wires go into. some of your lucky theres just a big plug up on the kick panel of your truck. on all the 80s trucks i messed with i had to pull all the wiring out of the door

Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abig84
most cars you have to take the door panel off and disconnect everything and just pull it out of the little hole where all the wires go into. some of your lucky theres just a big plug up on the kick panel of your truck. on all the 80s trucks i messed with i had to pull all the wiring out of the door
Yeah the plug at the kick panel is not there. looks like I will have to pull it all out of the door. Yippy