Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing Moldings And Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Starting Member
stevelknievel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Removing Moldings And Emblems

i just noticed most blazers are different thanmy jimmy. mines definitely screwed to the door

Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Not to steal the thunder from this thread, but I figured it would be excessive to start another for a similar question.

Not too long ago I was shutting my hood and my factory GM bug deflector cracked. The portion that cracked has since broken off completely so I have ripped the whole thing off. I have partial adhesive/application tape still on the hood as in the linked pictures. Since the deflector is already off, can I still use a fishing line?

Obviously I'm going to have to wash the surrounding area so I don't grind any dirt into the paint, but any suggestions other than that?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, that's what my Bravada looked like when I took off the broken factory bug deflector. I just used some goo-gone and my fingers to remove the double sided foam tape. Worked great and didn't damage the hood at all. WD40 will do the same thing pretty much as goo-gone.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so are there or arent there holes on a 99 LS???

Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also removed my trim and like swart was saying goo gone and rubbin your thumb gets the double sided tape off good, but beware, you may encounter blisters, lol

Old 06-20-2007, 09:18 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer

Since the deflector is already off, can I still use a fishing line?
No you can't use fishing line. The way the fishing line works is by squeezing between the item and your vehicle while cutting through the tape. Without the item, there is nothing to squeeze between to cut the tape.

Have you figured out how to get the tape off yet?

Old 07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Tape is off, hood is smooth. Just a little picking here and there and a nice wash to rid of the remaining residue. Looks a lot better now!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:06 AM
03RedBLazerXtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

on my 2000 S10.. I removed the Chevrolet Scrip from the tailgate by
simply pulling it up from one side and jsut pulled it off....... all that was left.
was removed with a little wax ~..