Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

roof rack removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:29 PM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road
Default roof rack removal

so today i decided i wanted to remove my roof rack. i got all but one screw out. on the last one it turns but wont come out. it seems as if somethings broke inside causeing it to turn. any idea of how i can get it out?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you'll be dropping the headliner to get at the underside of the bolt.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM

i knew thats what i was gonna have to do and i didnt really wanna have to hear it but thanks for the help. lol it looks like ill be diving into that one tomorrow.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah, on the inside its a 5/16" nut that the bolt is screwed into. If it's one of the rear screws, you shouldn't have to take the whole headliner out. There may be enough slack for you to just tilt it down enough to get a wrench in.

However, if you plan on taking it off permanently, I would go ahead and pull the headliner and plug the holes. I've seen some people just screw the bolts in all the way but you could get some shorter ones and thread them from underneath so it isn't sticking out. They're m6x1.0 threads

That's the front bolt on the front 'foot' of the rack. Camera resting against the B pillar pointed straight up. The others are a little more hidden by the inner supports.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM

yah, its the back right side side bolt so im sure i can get to it. i plan on sealing the wholes with either some type of foam spray or possibly like you said gettin smaller bolts.