Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Shift Boot

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Beginning Member
Dymisamo is on a distinguished road
Default Shift Boot

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me how to replace the shift boot in a 2002 Blazer. I removed the old one because it was torn. I can't get the new one over the shifter.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming you are talking about a floor shift model.

If so, remove the shift ****. There should be a small screw through the side of the **** that is loosened with an allen wrench. If I still had my Bravada, I would be able to snap some pictures.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Beginning Member

Im not sure what a floor shift model is, but here is a picture of what I got (not mine but same setup)

Attached Thumbnails Shift Boot-7326991733_large.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

thats a floor shift model..but there should be a small screw that holds the part where you place your hand(brain fart and cant think of its name) once you remove that screw that part should come off, then the boot itself should clip in where the boot meets the console and if you pull up on that youll be able to slide the boot off.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Beginning Member

I looked but did not see a screw or anything. I would appreciate a picture if anyone can provide one.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the screw should be by the button you push with your thumb, maybe this pic will help it shows a clip rather than a screw.

Last edited by mikeinwi; 06-17-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the diagram, it was exactly like mine. It was a little staple. took one tool to take out and three to put back in. thanks again for the help

Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 AM

no problem.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Must have changed something in the newer models. My Bravada had a screw. Glad you got it out and the replacement done!