Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

smoked out turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by okvortec
I actually recollect something about baking the lenses so the seal become loose and removing the orange lenses and then reheating them to soften up the seal again and then stickin em' back together. Don't remember where I read about it though.

Edit - Now that I think about it, my buddy did it with his Grand Prix
You can do these with S10's as well, but it was only a certain style. There is a how-to over on s10forum I read way back when, but I can't remember the specifics of it now. Either way I'm pretty certain you can do it on 98+ models

BTW - Check out what my buddy dropped off last night. Going to be doing it this weekend

Last edited by Sisk; 10-08-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

i have that stuff on my tails, headlights, and bumper directionals along with the ones next to the headlights. looks great works great. does say on the can that it is for offroad use or show use only though but if you do it right the light goes through and the cops dont bother to be atleast with me.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You can't even buy it up here...they won't sell it because it's illegal. I know a lot of people with their lights tinted though and they've never had a problem with the cops. The only thing I would suggest is to not tint your headlights lol. You may have a problem with them then.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Beginning Member
Pinrod33 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, first everyone is so full of ideas here, I just love coming on here and watching. So thanks first and foremost. I have an '03 2-Door Blazer, and someone mentioned Summit, so I know no one has commented in a while on this, but I found these over there.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVS-41722/

I'm really thinking about getting them, although someone mentioned that they would be easy to just pull right off, so that might be an issue with sticky fingers.

I really wouldn't use the headlight covers, because I wouldn't want to attract that much attention from our friendly neighborhood law enforcement, but I have been thinking about what I could do to get rid of that yellow from the blacked out look I'm going for, and I at first thought of the clear lens with a yellow bulb, but now I'm starting to really like the idea of just blacking that area out. Do you guys think this would do the trick, or is paint really the best way to go. I really didn't think about getting into a project like painting. I live in an apartment and I would have to go to someone else's house to undertake something like that (yes my association is that ****). Just want to know what y'all think