Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Which to get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:15 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which to get?

I know what manufacture I want but I dont know which ones will fit my vehicle (sig)

I want a K&N intake and a Magnaflow cat back and muffler system and I need them as cheap as possible so probably ebay or amazon is were I'm getting them from

heres the intake that I found with the search button

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-3017-2

does it fit for sure? dont want to order something and find out it doesen't fit

and for the magnaflow it just says that they dont have one for the blazer and that its not even listed on ther parts finder

Old 11-20-2007, 09:22 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Which to get?

ORIGINAL: SmokeU

I know what manufacture I want but I dont know which ones will fit my vehicle (sig)

I want a K&N intake and a Magnaflow cat back and muffler system and I need them as cheap as possible so probably ebay or amazon is were I'm getting them from

heres the intake that I found with the search button

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-3017-2

does it fit for sure? dont want to order something and find out it doesen't fit

and for the magnaflow it just says that they dont have one for the blazer and that its not even listed on ther parts finder
Yes, that's the K&N filter for your truck. The fact that Magnaflow does not make a specific muffler for the Blazer is one of the reasons I went with Flowmaster, but I don't think it is a big issue.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yes that will fit. its the same one i have.

and for the magnaflow, im not sure. i took it to a custom exhaust shop and told them to put a high-flow cat, larger pipes and a magnaflow muffler. I was originally gonna go with the flow44 but the owner said to go with magnafloww. he said "trust me, youll love it" so... i went with the magnaflow

Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yes the K&N intake is the correct one. Most people take their blazer to a local exhaust place and ask them to put one on since there is not a specific muffler or aftermarket kit that fits on the blazer (unless you go with gibson, dynomax, or walker). Anything involving flowmaster or magnaflow will be a custom job.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM

what ever will fit and sound cool and give me some more power as well

Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM

i need the cat back system and the muffler do be atleast like $500 or less

Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

If you go to an exhaust shop you can get a custom exhaust for way under that!! If they charge more than that its over priced!!

Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Exhaust work is very, very cheap these days. Thank goodness too since it should be done along with just about any other power increases done to a vehicle. Replacing the entire exhaust on my old Saturn sedan with bigger piping didn't cost me more than160 bucks I think.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:22 PM

well whats an exaust shop? like what would i google to find a local shop?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

just look in a phone book for "muffler shop" or "exhaust shop" or just ask around. if you know anybody with an aftermarket exhaust, ask them where they got it done at