Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

First pics in 2010 of Maritime Blazin' (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
94-4x4 is on a distinguished road

lookin good man

Old 03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Wow... those are really nice... I would think that it looks even better in full light... Good pics...

Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thanks guys..and Phil, I tried that pic on my desktop, but it's really grainy. I'm going to try and photoshop it a bit to see if I can't get a better quality for a desktop. The lighting added a lot of graininess to the pics unfortunately.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

What did you use to take the pictures? Those are good for any camera....

Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 AM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

i'm going crazy trying to figure out where this is...North end dartmouth?

Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Awesome... I need to find a spot like this to take shots of my truck. It'll have to wait until after school though lol. I barely have any time to throw around right now.

All in all, nice shots. And to avoid the graininess, avoid using ISO mode, I find point and shoots always give it that grainy look, especially if you're using a Sony. Low light... Tripod=best friend lol.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk

best shot of the bunch Alex.

nice background lighting, & just the right amount of "bling" to make your truck stand out. kinda looks like she's smiling @ you from the darkness.

Originally Posted by oktain
Low light... Tripod=best friend lol.

so true Pat. i sooooo need to get a tripod (and somthing better than P & S camera). it would've made taking pic's @ Performance World Friday night so much easier-and clearer!.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wlorton
What did you use to take the pictures? Those are good for any camera....
I have two. I have a mini SLR (which I didn't use in this case) and a small point and shoot. Both are Kodaks. I tend to use the P&S just for the extra megapixels it has (8 vs. 5 on my mini slr).

Originally Posted by MrTwister
i'm going crazy trying to figure out where this is...North end dartmouth?
It's shannon park. Right next to the mackay bridge. I was hoping to get down into the actual park where all the old abandoned apartments are, but they have it fenced off.

Originally Posted by oktain
Awesome... I need to find a spot like this to take shots of my truck. It'll have to wait until after school though lol. I barely have any time to throw around right now.

All in all, nice shots. And to avoid the graininess, avoid using ISO mode, I find point and shoots always give it that grainy look, especially if you're using a Sony. Low light... Tripod=best friend lol.
I'll give the ISO mode a test. I'm not sure if you can turn it off on this one or not to be honest. I haven't really played around with the features on my point and shoot much. I agree about the tripod though. I with i had one...even a mono pod, just something to keep it steady. I'll pick one up evetually.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
best shot of the bunch Alex.

nice background lighting, & just the right amount of "bling" to make your truck stand out. kinda looks like she's smiling @ you from the darkness.
]
Thanks Chris