Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My first car/truck is a blazer awesome

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

If it was mine, I would combine the 2 potions you want. 350 with a supercharger! But then again mine would have
wheel wells rusted out and 8 shades of primer
just so it looks like a turd. Then hit the switch for the cut outs and watch out rice burners (at the track of course).

Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
tmonroe_5 is on a distinguished road

if u get the turbo kit it might not have as much power u can pull out of a 350 with mods but my buddy has a typhoon thats pussing 600hp but thats with alot of mods so u can reach high power with a 350 gas to get over 300 hp i hope u have deep pockets i personaly would turbo it because you will get a bit better gas mileage and u will also be one of the few that do something different than putting a 350 in it everyone does it

Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

don't know how i missed this the first time 'round.......

Originally Posted by shligger
Are you sure that's an S10 ? It looks like a GMC Typhoon to me. Nice truck either way.

funny how many people don't get that S10 is the Chevy version & S15 is the GM version. i guess only the Typhoon's came with nice paint, as well?

Originally Posted by Kemosabe
Thanks guys. For the next part of the truck were going to
add some horses. all the truck has is intake and exhausts.

Now i wonder out of these two options which would be the best

bolting a 350 with no adders right up at around 240hp or turboeing it like the typhoon/cyclone

Really im looking for which one is cheaper which one will have better fuel economy and which one will add more power

im leaning toward the 350

definately the SB. an i hope you never went with doing a Syclone/Typhoon conversion, it's stupid what those parts are going for. waaaaay cheaper to do a Banks kit (or anyone of the aftermarket guys).

Originally Posted by tmonroe_5
if u get the turbo kit it might not have as much power u can pull out of a 350 with mods but my buddy has a typhoon thats pussing 600hp but thats with alot of mods so u can reach high power with a 350 gas to get over 300 hp i hope u have deep pockets i personaly would turbo it because you will get a bit better gas mileage and u will also be one of the few that do something different than putting a 350 in it everyone does it
huh? kinda shooting yourself in the foot there.

but i agree with ya on that. every Tom, Dick and Harry drops in a SB & thinks they have a bad-*** ride. sooooo not the case. we transplanted a '94 W-code driveline into my brother's Summer Dime, and it takes a SB everytime. to much work to engineer the rear end in those to handle the heavier engine & torque.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

also IMHO, to really see the real benefits of a turbo 4.3, it has to be AWD
otherwise you will just spin unless you modify the suspension so itll stick
and if you plan on doing that you might as well go with a small block

Old 02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road

Put in the 350. a turbo is most effective at high RPM's. IMHO i would do the 350 and save up for a little bit then invest in a nice turbo after you replace headers, air intake, and possibly throttle body.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

you can buy a driveable-built 350 from 1,000-3,000 bucks. then down the road you can add a turbo or supercharger, or even do a bigger swap.