Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Best suspension brand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
Antnvlz1294@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Best suspension brand?

hey y’all,

got a 98 blazer 4wd ls. Want to replace the entire suspension/ steering. By that I mean upper and lower control arms with ball joints, inner and out tie rod ends with sleeves, sway bar links with bushings and rear bushing and links. I know everyone has been using moog in older posts although is moog still the top company to go with? WOULD prefer to do this the right way the first time with a good quality part then to using something cheap and have to do it a few times. I’ve seen some control arms made out of cheap thin metal instead of the thicker sturdier one like stock. My blazer is BONE STOCK with 110k mikes and I plan on doing a rough country 6 inch lift in the near future so I’d like to get something that will have good quality and hold up.

Thank you

Old 11-06-2018, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Antnvlz1294@gmail.com
<div style="text-align:left;">hey y’all,<br /><br />got a 98 blazer 4wd ls. Want to replace the entire suspension/ steering. By that I mean upper and lower control arms with ball joints, inner and out tie rod ends with sleeves, sway bar links with bushings and rear bushing and links. I know everyone has been using moog in older posts although is moog still the top company to go with? WOULD prefer to do this the right way the first time with a good quality part then to using something cheap and have to do it a few times. I’ve seen some control arms made out of cheap thin metal instead of the thicker sturdier one like stock. My blazer is BONE STOCK with 110k mikes and I plan on doing a rough country 6 inch lift in the near future so I’d like to get something that will have good quality and hold up.<br /><br />Thank you</div>
<br /><br />From my research here and elsewhere, Moog always seems like a good starting point. The other option for several parts is also Proforged. For other ideas, I would suggest consulting Outfitter Design (<a href="https://www.outfitterdesign.com/chevrolet-s-10-kits.html">https://www.outfitterdesign.com/chevrolet-s-10-kits.html</a>). I don't plan to do anything more than the 2" lift I have now but if you want a new beefier IFS axle, check out their builds. I purchased their 1-ton idler arm bracket for installing in the future.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Beginning Member
Antnvlz1294@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
<br /><br />From my research here and elsewhere, Moog always seems like a good starting point. The other option for several parts is also Proforged. For other ideas, I would suggest consulting Outfitter Design (<a href="https://www.outfitterdesign.com/chevrolet-s-10-kits.html">https://www.outfitterdesign.com/chevrolet-s-10-kits.html</a>). I don't plan to do anything more than the 2" lift I have now but if you want a new beefier IFS axle, check out their builds. I purchased their 1-ton idler arm bracket for installing in the future.
as for moog I didn’t mind their products in the past, however I’ve heard that they’re a global country now and most parts just aren’t what they’ve used to be. I’m a mechanic for work so I have 0 issue replacing parts and all I just was wondering which the better brand was for a quality part. I also want to make sure it’s not garbage. I’m wondering if I should keep my stock control arms and replace the ball joints and bushings or just go take the risk with moog. I’ll check out proforged parts. Thank you