Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

cv axle - death by t-crank?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009 | 02:23 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

You guys really need to stick with OEM type quality parts and stay away from the likes of cheapo box stores like auto zone, ebay, etc...

Old 12-19-2009 | 03:38 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

To Warthodriver:
I repacked the cvs yestarday and all went well. I had to take the front shocks off because I couldnt reach my hands in there. Also I was surprised how hard of rubber the cv boots are. They didnt move very much so I cleaned out of them what I could and refilled them. Thanks for the info and all, it helped a lot.

Old 12-19-2009 | 08:48 PM
|
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Brianator99,

glad to help. i have gotten a lot of help/info of this forum so it is good to give back when i can.

bandidolenny,

i agree with the oem preference...i like autozone for reg. maintenance things...brakes, oil changes....headlights stuff like that.
anything major does require a proper investment.

the cv boot clamps i saw as a clamp replacement issue similar to the clamp replacement on the oil lines that leak no matter what you put on there. oem can still be flawed.
but in the end ...to each there own.

Old 12-22-2009 | 03:05 PM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
You guys really need to stick with OEM type quality parts and stay away from the likes of cheapo box stores like auto zone, ebay, etc...
Do you consider Cardone and Raybestos sub par parts as well? If so, what brought you to that opinion?

Old 12-24-2009 | 02:31 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Actually, I am currently running cardone CV shafts without any problems for the last 30K miles.
My opinion is from what I read earlier in this thread. When an auto part store sells me a part that has a "lifetime warranty", I don't consider that a good thing. I do not wish to install a substandard part multiple times over a period of months when I can use a quality part and do the job just one time. The whole "lifetime warranty" scam is just a ploy to get people back into the store for a cheap replacement under warranty while spending even more money in their store. JMO...

Old 12-24-2009 | 05:53 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA! its funny too when you go in with a 2 year old reciept, " i got this lifetime warranty part that broke"

haha they get all bent out of shape about it.. but hey... its lifetime man. cough it up !!

Old 04-21-2011 | 06:56 PM
Starting Member
Mark_D is on a distinguished road

Just picked my Blazer up after a new water pump. While underneath trying to locate the cause of loose steering, I realized one of my boots popped off and I too have cranked the T-bars 1.5". Thanks for the Pipe Clamp idea, I'll be getting that tomorrow morning and will report back.

Anyone think chassis lube would work? I doubt it but it would prevent driving another 30 mins with the boot off...

And yes, the comment above is definitely true, buy good parts and save time, money, and frustration!

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-22-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.