Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

how much lift do i need for 31" LTBs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
darth_flavor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much lift do i need for 31" LTBs?

i just got a 1995 4x4 blazer 2 door and it needs tires. a good thing about this is that my brother has some 31" super swamper LTBs mounted on rims in his garage that he bought for someone to barter some engine work but that fell through. now we're gonna work out a deal but there's one problem and the bad of this is that i know they won't fit. how much of a lift do i need to fit them? i've been reading up on here and i've seen body lifts (which i'll buy a 2" lift) and shackles and some other stuff i don't really understand so i need some of it explained layman style. right now i just need to clear these tires w/minimal cutting into the body. i'll worry about frame clearance once i get this out of the way. any help would be great, thanks.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Default RE: how much lift do i need for 31" LTBs?

and i did a search so maybe i'm looking for the wrong thing?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

With a 2inch lift and maybe some minor trimming you can fit 31's, but with a 2inch lift (torsion bar crank and shackles) and also a 2inch body lift with trimming you can stuff 33's under it!! Hope this helps out , also to better layman it for you with a torsion bar crank and lift shackles you can fit 31's!!

Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM

what do you think this guy is running? just a 2" body lift or the other things as well?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you going to put the tires on your stock wheels or on the wheels they are already on? Cause if you are going to keep them on what they are already on then you're going to want to know the backspacing. Backspacing is going to have a role in how much trimming your going to have to do.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: navyblue_sk8er

Are you going to put the tires on your stock wheels or on the wheels they are already on? Cause if you are going to keep them on what they are already on then you're going to want to know the backspacing. Backspacing is going to have a role in how much trimming your going to have to do.

believe it or not, but that white blazer above has almost exactly what's sitting in my brother's garage. i think their crager rims though that cost something like $35 each.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing the same exact thing that you are thinking about right now. With a tire that agressive you have to do more than just a body lift or tbar crank and shackles without destroying your fenders. I am doing both. I will be posting pics as soon as I finish. I am having major parts issues right now holding up the build, but feel free to pm me with any questions.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:06 PM

i'll keep that in mind and i'll defiantly hit you up to pick your brain. do you know if anyone here has those fender flares that makes you cut out your fender? i'm considering that but won't i be able to run larger tires? i want to avoid buying another set unless i can get discount tires to take these ones back.