Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Races Worth Talking About

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Races Worth Talking About

ORIGINAL: offroaddude77

i also forgot to list that i have a manual, automatic trans valve body, and alot of other things in the trans. it doesnt shift at full throttle till a little after 5 grand.
So your manual valve body shifts for you??? Last I knew, a manual valve body didn't shift at all without *manual* control -- ie. you moving the shift lever... So... You may have a modified valve body with altered shift tables in your PCM, but please get things straight before you tell everyone about it... We might think you're blowin' a bunch of smoke!

ORIGINAL: offroaddude77

im ordering new fuel injectors within a week(the new ls1 style). so ill have to take it back to the track and run it again.
I'd like to see that setup... Here's a hint, you won't be getting LS1 style injector to work with a SCFI 4.3L without a completely custom intake manifold. If you do, I'll want to see pics of that setup.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 PM
offroaddude77 is an unknown quantity at this point

orginal: swartlkk

So your manual valve body shifts for you??? Last I knew, a manual valve body didn't shift at all without *manual* control -- ie. you moving the shift lever... So... You may have a modified valve body with altered shift tables in your PCM, but please get things straight before you tell everyone about it... We might think you're blowin' a bunch of smoke!
no i said its a automatic/manual valve body, meaning when i put it in drive, it drives like a normal trans, and when i put it in a gear, for a example 2nd, its locked into second, and thats it no other gears. meaning i can manualy shift up through the gears or just put it in drive. dont get this confused with a stock one. a stock one after so many rpms will make the trans shift so it doesnt blow the motor.

orginal: swartlkk
I'd like to see that setup... Here's a hint, you won't be getting LS1 style injector to work with a SCFI 4.3L without a completely custom intake manifold. If you do, I'll want to see pics of that setup.
LS1 STYLE, not the exact injector.... also known as the updated injectors.
Clicky

no more poppets. I did find somewhere of a company that actually used ls1 injectors with a kit similar to that one. but i cant find it any more.
heres another pic of it

Old 05-03-2007, 05:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, you have an updated valve body, not a true manual valve body although it has been modified to hold the gear below OD. I do know the difference (my chevelle had a true manual valve body in it for a time).

*EDIT*
I just had to check some thing out when I got a chance. Seems that my stock truck shifts at 5000rpm under WOT as well as holds 2nd and 1st to the rev limiter... I didn't test 3rd gear due to the obvious illegal speeds which would be obtained by attempting to carry 3rd to redline. So what makes your transmission so different???
*/EDIT*

And the updated MFI spider isn't a performance upgrade. If you are planning on putting a lot of power through your engine, the SCFI system can flow more fuel. I have the updated MFI spider in my truck now and other than the fact that I regained lost efficiency due to sticky poppets and leaky injectors, it didn't do anything for performance.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:39 AM
offroaddude77 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe mine isnt i was told it was. do this tho. take your bravada up to 30mph and give it full throttle. does yours rev. up 5000rpm and then dump it into 1st? i rode in my friends blazer and his shifted at 4000, maybe theres somethin wrong with his?

Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

im not totally sure but i think blazers come with 3.42 and 3.23 rear ends if it has 3.42s it will rev higher say with the cruise set at 70 MPH and if it has 3.23s it may be able to down shift to a lower gear at higherspeeds due to how much less RPM its spiining. for example my silverado revs a@ 2,300 RPMS at 80 MPH and i have 3.73s w/ the 5.3L v8 my friend has the same exact truck with 4.10s and i wanna say it revs at almost exactly 2,500 RPMs. now like i say im not totally sure on this but it could be right. my trck downshifts at 67-69 w/o the chip into2nd gear his will not