Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Can I convert the spare tire rack to go on the back?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Jfarra is on a distinguished road
Question Can I convert the spare tire rack to go on the back?

Hello I have an 2002 chevy blazer LS 2 dr. The spare tire rack is in the cargo area, and I want to put one one the back. Is this possible? And if so what will the job intail? Any answers will be helpful thank you for your time.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yup it's possible, there have been several people lately (myself included) who've added them to 4dr trucks but I know 2 or 3 also did it on 2dr trucks. The installation isn't terribly difficult but there is very little room to situate hardware and wrenches. It's quite time consuming and you'll need a lot of patience.

Here's a good thread to read through, it has tons of pictures and discussion on the topic and should help a lot. Feel free to ask more questions though if you have any

https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...-thread-48921/

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Jfarra is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much. You were very helpful and I have the patients for it. Thanks again

Old 08-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Beginning Member
LioNiNoiL is on a distinguished road

I also have a 2002 LS 2door with the annoying spare tire in the cargo area, and I have been looking for an external carrier, which I have been assured works just fine for my car.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

now could you be a god and direct me where to get a total spare tire carrier kit... i am dislexic lol

Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mrkevinmjr
now could you be a god and direct me where to get a total spare tire carrier kit... i am dislexic lol

you can try craigslist or junkyards

also ebay but shipping might kill ya

Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrkevinmjr
Yeah, junkyard is your best bet. I picked mine up for $20 and I was able to get an up close look at how they are factory installed. Dealer pricing is ridiculously high (like $700+ for all of the components) but they told me they could still get the parts so I guess that's an option if you absolutely can't find one anywhere else.

If you find one online, I'm sure UPS or FedEx would ship it. Doubt it would be cheap though...

Old 09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

got it... two days ago my dude who tows for a junk yard called and said he ripped it off a junked two door... freakin sweet. not to clean it, spray it and install it.... then off to the shop for duel pipes

this is gonna be the shizznattttttt

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-24-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.