Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Recon is on a distinguished road
Default Locked my keys in 93 s10 blazer!! help please!

Yea I know.. DOH!! so it has the electric locks... any suggestions?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

A wedge, coat hanger, and patience. Wedge the top of the door open just enough to get the coat hanger past the door seal and try to hit the power lock button.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM

I can't seem to find a good wedge, everything I'm using just bends and breaks too easily.. butter knives suck!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 PM

I just wanted to come back and say that I did eventually get it, I just cut a piece of 2X4 into a triangle shape like a door stop and then straightened out a clothes hanger. It took me about 5 mins.

Last edited by Recon; 12-23-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
1994 Chevrolet S-10
My Garage

Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If you have an electric opening rear window these are the easiest things to get into. Get another vehicle and ground that battery to the frame with a jumper cable. Now get under the back of the truck and you'll see a little rubber tube/hose that runs up into the tailgate. Pull it back and the wire you see is the window release wire. Strip a small cut in the insulation. Take the POS jumper from the other vehicle and just touch the bare spot and the window will pop open. Had to do this on more that one occasion with mine and some buddies' Blazers. You don't have to reinsulate the wire since it's inside the hose unless you want to. Hate to say it but these are the easiest vehicles to get into there are. Done the wedge thing and although it works you might bend one of the rods.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member

matt6387 is on a distinguished road

Thats scary easy... is it the same on 2nd gens?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Starting Member

JustJerry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer View Post
If you have an electric opening rear window these are the easiest things to get into. Get another vehicle and ground that battery to the frame with a jumper cable. Now get under the back of the truck and you'll see a little rubber tube/hose that runs up into the tailgate. Pull it back and the wire you see is the window release wire. Strip a small cut in the insulation. Take the POS jumper from the other vehicle and just touch the bare spot and the window will pop open. Had to do this on more that one occasion with mine and some buddies' Blazers. You don't have to reinsulate the wire since it's inside the hose unless you want to. Hate to say it but these are the easiest vehicles to get into there are. Done the wedge thing and although it works you might bend one of the rods.
That's nice to know, Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 PM
1994 Chevrolet S-10
My Garage

matt6387, Don't know but if the tube is there I'llnet it is.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
1994 Chevrolet S-10
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt6387 View Post
Thats scary easy... is it the same on 2nd gens?
Don't know abput 2nd gens. I suppose if the wire is there it would work the same.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 1993, 1994, 93, 94, blazer, chevy, jimmy, keys, locked, lt, rear, restored, s10, window