General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I can't believe they totaled it for that!

Makes you wonder if that's part of the obama plan to get "gas guzzling" SUV's off the road ...

Old 04-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Glad you're ok. That's the main thing. Items can be replaced but lives can't.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
I can't believe they totaled it for that!

Makes you wonder if that's part of the obama plan to get "gas guzzling" SUV's off the road ...
I would guess its because of the support between the 2 doors... I think that is the only reason.
It was most likely dented/damaged, and cutting that out and re-welding would be a costly thing to do.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extra 12V power outlets..

Hello All,
Went to my local junk yard, got two 12V outlets and the wire(from a Blazer) to install them where the I think the rear "ashtray" is located. I found a cover that fits but not sure if it actually goes in that spot. Now the folks( inwhich I never have any passengers) in the back seat can use the outlets to charge/ or whatever can utilize the outlets. Im off the whole week and just got bored. See pics and enjoy....
Ran wire(purple +) from square hole to Positive (orange) wire of the existing 12V outlet under kick panel. Grounded wire(black -) to sheet metal under arm rest. Used 7/8 paddle bit to make holes and small drill bit for pilot hole for the screws..The only reason I used screws to secure it was the tabs were broke or this cover doesn't go here.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0069.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0070.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0064.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0066.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0068.jpg  

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0071.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Matching spare found...FINALLY!

Went to the boneyard again and there it was, just looking at me....couldn't believe it...$26 later I swapped out one of my good old tires on it(by hand) and put it in spare tire hole...40 min labor...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0063a.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0080a.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20150408_183957.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:05 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Dropped mine off at the shop for an alignment finally...

Old 04-08-2015, 09:30 PM
YooperZR2 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday truck started sputtering something horrible at anything over 1500 rpm. Popped the hood and noticed an arc coming from the ignition wire to the coil, added some dielectric grease & adjusted the plug all good after that.

Come this morning truck would crank but wouldn't start. So I swapped in a new ignition coil and runs fine now. Already learning a lot about these trucks after 3 days ownership haha

Old 04-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Starting Member
Bagherra is on a distinguished road

Finally got around to replacing cap and rotor. Decided to change transfer case fluid too...

For anyone that's planning to do the xfer case, do yourself a favor, go to AutoZone and get the pump that fits on top of the bottle. Paid $7, about the only way to do it.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member
esquire is on a distinguished road

I second that I did my xfer case a month back along with the gear oil in the Trans and both diffs that pump made a world of difference

For anyone that's planning to do the xfer case, do yourself a favor, go to AutoZone and get the pump that fits on top of the bottle. Paid $7, about the only way to do it.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 AM
Beginning Member
blazerlt1999 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jkyle187
Hello All,
Went to my local junk yard, got two 12V outlets and the wire(from a Blazer) to install them where the I think the rear "ashtray" is located. I found a cover that fits but not sure if it actually goes in that spot. Now the folks( inwhich I never have any passengers) in the back seat can use the outlets to charge/ or whatever can utilize the outlets. Im off the whole week and just got bored. See pics and enjoy....
Ran wire(purple +) from square hole to Positive (orange) wire of the existing 12V outlet under kick panel. Grounded wire(black -) to sheet metal under arm rest. Used 7/8 paddle bit to make holes and small drill bit for pilot hole for the screws..The only reason I used screws to secure it was the tabs were broke or this cover doesn't go here.
Looks great good use of space will keep my eyes out for the part most of our junk yards a full of Jap cars.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?