1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 Blazer fuel leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Beginning Member
spyderlock is on a distinguished road

I prime the system everytime I put the plenum back on. So I changed the fuel injection hose for the $50 nut kit last night. The standing psi dropped to 64 and the psi with the engine running stayed between 60 and 62 which are both within range. I dried the inside of the intake really well then drove it this morning. After about 10 min it started missing again. I took off the plenum and the regulator side was covered in gas again. I replaced the regulator again, thought maybe I had blown it while driving it with the higher psi than recomended. After replacing the regulator I charged the system, with the key on it read 72psi and dropped to 62 psi within about 5 min. I watched while it dropped and didn't see any gas coming from anywhere. Put the plenum on and ran the truck, psi's read 64. Drove the truck for another 10 min before it started missing. I'll take the plenum off again tomorrow morning and probably find fuel on the regulator side. I'm losing my mind...

Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Beginning Member
spyderlock is on a distinguished road

I replaced the fuel injection hose with the OEM nut kit. This dropped the psi back to normal range. Drove it and it started missing again. Took the plenum off and it was soaked, again... Bought another regulator, drove it, started missing, soaked again. I am almost done with this vehicle. My Lt. at work, aformer 20yr mechanic who now restores cars, suggested that maybe it was a computer problem. We are gonna tear into it Fri. at work.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would start to wonder about your parts store source...

The computer CANNOT cause a leak inside the plenum. The only thing that can cause a leak is failed/poor-quality parts or poor installation.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

When I replaced my FPR it also leaked (twice). I'll take responsibility for it though. Unless you get the "O" ring exactly right, it'll either fill the manifold half full in a very short time or give you a real nice shower. I have experience with both. I leak checked mine with a fused wire with a toggle switch directly from the battery to the fuel pump prime wire connection adjacent to the A/C resistor. That way you can just let the pump run for a while to see if any leaks develop. Is this how you are leak checking it? Sure saved me a bunch of time. You can also see if anything else is leaking. The FPR is supposed to regulate the pressure.The Service Manual calls out a test to see if that is happening. You get the pump on (however) and have someone slowly pinch down on the short piece of hose on the return line (under the truck) and the FPR is supposed to hold the pressure fairly steady. Sounds like you guys have a lot more experience than I do with these. This is my first Vortec VIN W. Am I doing something wrong or did I get lucky? It didn't leak at least and fuel pressure is constant 58 psi. Specs say 55 - 61 psi.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past

How about the poppet injectors and their lines? Where did you buy your spider(s) as in what brand?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:05 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

is there a specific way to install the new o-rings on the nut kit?