2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel pump and Sending Unit Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
cathys0715 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fuel pump and Sending Unit Trouble

Thanks all! He will be replacing the nut kit as recommended. I do know he had the spark plugs out when he rolled the motor over and he was trying to get all the fuel out. Anyway, he is going to do everything very safely from here on out. Oh and yes, he had a fire extinguisher nearby thank goodness. We've decided to just buy me a new car...it is time! But at this point he is going to try to finish fixing this problem so we can get some money out of it. I am sure he will be posting to let you all know how the nut kit replacement is going!
And please keep any tips/tricks coming in the mean time...it's all very helpful!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Also, installing a used CPI spider is like whipping before you poop... You are just going to have to do it again.

Dear Gawd... the nightmares.... the visuals haunt me... the therapy I will need

Anywho, I am so sorry I didnt find this first.... or earlier.... at least before the fire.
Hopefully this will help someone else.

having done a few of these for various vehicles.
Step one of ANY MAINTENANCE.

#1 Disconnect/remove the battery! using the starter to "roll the motor" will still generate electric charge to the spark plug wires, creating an ignition source!

#2 after removing the Spark plugs check for wetness on plugs, make a note that fuel will be coming from those holes.

#3 INSURE BATTERY IS REMOVED Because fire is bad for you.

#4 place LARGE Drainpains or excessive amounts of kitty litter under the vehicle, this will be helpful.

#5 remove all ignition sources (Smokers, heaters) Pets, Children and Wives from area. Have an A-B-C rated fire extinguisher handy!

#6 Turn engine over by hand using a large breaker-bar and socket on the harmonic balancer crank bolt. Be sure to turn it over no less than 8 turns. this will ensure that the largest amount of fuel is expelled from the cylinder.

The drawback to this plan is that the fuel WILL be expelled onto your wheelwell housings and onto the ground. I recomend fuel/spill control of Silliness proportions

you think this is hell... try doing it on a D7-G Dozer outside in Kaiserslautern Germany in January!

*edited because its too hard to laugh and type*

Old 01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
ineedspeed7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the help. I was not thinking all the way when I "rolled" the motor over. Have moved all the plug wire out and away I neglected to remove the coil wire before rolling over the motor. "DUMB @$$" Well I have all the plugs back in and I will be replacing all "nut kit" and the pressure regulator tomorrow.

Byte Stryke
Having been stationed at Ramstein AB, I know what your talking about.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
ineedspeed7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to tell everyone thanks! The Blazer is back on the road.

Thanks Again to everyone.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=happy046.gif][sm=gears.gif]