2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

One HighBeam

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 AM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One HighBeam

i recently noticed i only have one highbeam so i bought a new bulb and that didnt fix it... i have put a couple bulbs in thinking that maybe somehow i ruined the bulb putting it in but nothing..... im not to savy with wireing so does anyone have any suggestions? thanx

Old 11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: One HighBeam

Well, I believe that the headlight wiring is routed through one fuse for high and one for low and basically has the same wiring side to side... You'll probably want to start by inspecting the plug. New plugs can be purchased at pretty much any autoparts store. If you find that the plug is bad, you really should have the wires soldered up, but if you don't know how or don't have a soldering iron, butt-connectors and shrink wrap will suffice.

If the plug looks ok, then you have to start looking into the wiring. It is possible that a wire has been cut. You'll just have to follow the wires (which would involve dismantling the wiring harness)...

Good Luck

Old 11-20-2005, 02:36 AM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

well lets hope its not the wires lol thanx

Old 11-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wiring isn't as big of a problem as a LOT of people make it out to be. Now, wiring inside a house... Well, I'm contending with that right now! Much different, although there aren't as many 'different' wires, just a lot higher volts/amps. If nothing has happened (aka a wreck or work done around that area that moved panels), then I'm leaning towards a corroded headlight plug. Wiring is not a mystical area, but soldering is kind of tied into it. If you wanted to learn how to solder, I'd recommend purchasing a soldering pencil, some solder, soldering paste, and some automotive wire. Then use the wires you bought to practice on.

Good Luck