2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Please Help - Here's everything I have --

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:37 AM
cc4usa is on a distinguished road

what do you mean by. (it fires right up with starting fluid.) after using the ether does it continue to run ?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:57 AM
MilwaukeeBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Update, and yes it stays running after the fluid squirt....

....but it runs eratically and still dies when trying to drive it (playing with the gas pedal to keep it running). And then yesterday I put a new wire set and distributor cap. I then started it and ran it and guess what, It still has the same problem. While it was still warm and still throwing the P1351 code while cranking, I switched the PCM back to the old one and still the same and then back and forth a couple of times to make sure it was not the PCM. I am taking the new ICM (2 days old) back off and going to have it tested. If it tests good, I 'm then going to suspect that it is the CPI F.I. unit that is getting warn and interfering with the ignition/firing circuit in the PCM.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
cc4usa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeBlazer
Its a 1995 Blazer engine code W. No start after warm up except with starting fluid. I have a new fuel pump and filter and carries 62 psi at starting and runs regularly at about 58 to 59 psi and doesn't drop off after warm up. Fuel pressure regulator working correctly, new coil and ignition module (the one on the side of the coil on a heat sink) and both the old ones were faulty. Was jerking and hesitating until I cleaned the EGR valve today with with Seafoam and replaced gasket. But I still have this problem that the engine starts running eratically and then dies rather quickly afterward. It will only start up right after that with starting fluid. And I'm pretty sure it still does the same even when cold overnight. Please no guessing, I checked the codes with a OBD II scanner and had a P1351. If this is some kind of common problem with thes 95's, please let me know.

i have to ask. since the FPR is part of the spider assy how do you know the FPR is good. you can check the fuel pressure between the pump and the spider assy. but not after unless you remove the assy and test it. did you do that and if so how much did the tool cost ???

Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 AM
MilwaukeeBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default The code that it trowing has to...

do with and electrical or an electronic issue with the engine management system. So I am just assuming that the FPR is good for now, Unless someone can tell me that it has affected their's. The ICM was purchsaed at Autozone and I took it back off and has it tested at Advanc Auto (autozone couldn't) and it tested bad. Going to get another one somewhere else since another autozone also tested bad after an exchange was made and tested.

Last edited by MilwaukeeBlazer; 12-07-2009 at 08:02 AM.