2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Serious Problems with Handling!! Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Serious Problems with Handling!! Need Help!!

Well glad he got it fixed for you.

Bottom line is if you trust your mechanic, by all means, give them the information you feel is necessary. Too often though, dishonest mechanics will take the information you give them and find reasons to do all of the work you 'suggest' while they may not be necessary or even fix the problem. You just have to be careful. I'm not suggesting you play dumb, but you are paying the mechanic to fix what is wrong, tell them the symptoms and let them do their jobs. But it all comes down to how much you trust your mechanic.

As far as what comes in an sway bar end link kit, for each side you will get a bolt, 4 large washers, 4 bushings, a spacer, and a nut. The factory setup is the bolt, a washer, bushing, control arm, bushing, plastic spacer, bushing, sway bar, bushing, and washer/nut (one peice) as shown in the picture Zasder posted above. The replacement kits will be assembled similar; bolt, washer, bushing, control arm, bushing, washer, metal spacer, washer, bushing, sway bar, bushing, washer, self locking nut.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Serious Problems with Handling!! Need Help!!

Ok, thanks for all the info. I have been going to my mechanic since i was 16 and able to own and drive a car. My parents have been going to him for umm20 or more years, since they had a 1986 pontiac bonneville station wagon. Man that thing had guts, V8 302 or 305 something like that. As far as my car, its all good. thanks for all the help.