2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Troubleshooting Door Close Switches/Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Beginning Member
street101 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I have Something of the same problem with mine the dome lights stay on with no idea where from the only way I turn them off is at the fuse block, I cut all the switch's in the doors disconnected the hatch in the rear the INT LIghts switch does work b/c it still dims the dash lights have many more ?'s like someone has added a wire from the fuel pump and the fuel gauge reads full all the time my temp gauge doesn't work I know the problem with it but don''t know where the wire is for it its like the old owner's cut it out ....my plans are to but a SBC motor in but with 25+mpg i'm holding off till the motor goes, so i would like to get these trouble shooting probs out of the way ......I'm the kinda guy that can make my own switch panel and doesn't mind running my own wires, just looking for the easy part first ...please someone help b4 i start cutting wiring that I don't need to, thx Jon

dome light maybe be solved took off the front driver door panel and found if I unplugged the main wire harness they turn off.....YES!!!!!! now just need the help with the other things please thx happy holidays to you and YOURS!!!

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-19-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief stricken moses, a door sensor!?..what's next a sensor under the drivers seat telling me i am indeed said blazer driver, or
a sensor telling me the key is in ignition.
This sensor stuff is rediculous!
(or put another way, the dealers&manufacturers best latest co existing scam)
:0

Last edited by blzR; 12-19-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I pull the door panel and check out the latches and see what I can find. havnt found anywhere local that has the rear door jamb switches in stock..putting off ordering online until I can track down which one is the problem. Thanks for then input everybody!

Edit: Pulled both front door panels. Only 4 wires going to each latch mechanism, both connectors on both sides were attached properly and in great condition. Going to try ordering 2 rear switches ($6 a piece on RockAuto) and hopefully that will fix it..don't really want to get into messing with the front latches. My hands dont fit in the door skins haha..

Last edited by WolfPack; 01-26-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can test the rear switches fairly easily with a multimeter set to test continuity. They should be closed when the switch is extended and open when the switch is all the way in.

What happens if you disconnect all of the switches including the latches in the front doors and switch in the back hatch?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Djwl29 is on a distinguished road

I'm having a similar problem here... my blazer, '95 4 door 4WD, has had an issue where all the interior lights stay on regardless of door position, at some point all the door switches were removed... and the fuse had just been taken out to force them off... So I replaced the fuse with a toggle switch so the lights would be functional for a little while at least.....

I've attempted a few things to diagnose.. I've tried paper clips in all the end wires, as well as all of them without paper clips... it doesn't seem to have an effect... the drivers door has 3 wires... evidently for the chime?... so i just tried the different combinations of contact on those while all the rest were both clipped and unclipped. Unfortunately, I don't have the actual sensors ... I've read several other threads on here and for the most part they are switch related solutions... so I'm thinking I might go to a scrapyard and replace all these switches... but I was wondering if there was anyway to keep the lights off with the fuse in prior to getting them so i can have rear hatch and horn use back without a toggle.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

my blazer doesnt have the fuse panel listing can you tell me which fuse it is to disable them? id like to put it back in. and i looked on my truck today its missing the front two door pin sensors and the hatch is missing its one too. . the hatch sensor is it the same door pin as front doors or as rear doors? i know the front and rear doors are a different part number.. but i didnt find a listing for just the hatch sensor