2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What are the correct part number for my rear brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jeepattack89
**** you all and **** this site. I have read nothing helpful since I became a member. So kiss each others ***'s because you don't have the ***** to have your own opinions. Pretty sad if think those pads make any difference in stopping power. Semi metallic is semi metallic. A gallon is still a gallon no matter what. I have to work now to probably support half of all you that are probably on welfare so I probably paid for your parts to bc gin with plus mine.

So now we are all on welfare huh? Sorry to burst your bubble but I have never been on welfare nor have I ever collected an unemployment check my entire life! I have however been working since I was 12 years old and have paid for everything I have ever owned my entire life including my first vehicle and everyone since then.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
jeepattack89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok that was kind of funny I give u that

Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM

Right at McDonald's right? You finally make manager?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Right at McDonald's right? You finally make manager?
I was referring to you, with how mad you are, I cant imagine you working the front counter, hopefully they will put you on grill duty.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Hate to tell you I make almost 6 figures a year but that doesn't mean I don't like to get the best deal possible on every purchase I make. That also doesn't mean that I will buy a product that may put me or anyone else in any sort of danger just to save a buck! I have said it before in this thread and will say it again they may be great pads and chances are you will never have an issue with them but why risk it if you don't have to? You continue to say how semi metalic is semi metalic but which is true but what you are not understanding is the difference in the quality of which things are made! Lets face it china is known for making cheap mass produced crap that falls apart frequntly correct?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM

Yes correct, There also one of the most outsourced countries used and make great parts as long as they are supervised and made to the correct tolerance the company has provided. On there own they make crap. But they can make good parts as long as they have guidelines and tolerances to go by. Honda uses them and so do a lot of other very well known manufacturers. You think Honda would risk there reputation by outsourcing parts to china if they thought for a second the parts would be of low quality or inferior. All depends how they are made that is true. Lets face it. The truth is the truth. China can make good parts and the reason they can be the same exact part but a lot cheaper is because of there cheap labor and there cheap energy and low cost to produce materials. Like I said I don't feel guilty buying anything from China. I am the consumer not the multi billion dollar company outsourcing to them. That will happen reguardless. Why do you think they outsource to other countries? To save a buck. Bucks add up.

Last edited by jeepattack89; 03-27-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Yes correct, There also one of the most outsourced countries used and make great parts as long as they are supervised and made to the correct tolerance the company has provided. On there own they make crap. But they can make good parts as long as they have guidelines and tolerances to go by.
Thank you for saying it better than I ever could have!! This has been my exact point the entire thread! If they are supervised! But when the seller doesn't even know who makes what they are selling how are you as the consumer suppose to know if they are adhering to the proper guidelines and tolerances?? You don't even have the ability to google them cause you have no clue who produced them!

Can we just agree that I'm right and be friends now

Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM

They could of been made under supervision though and made to the correct tolerance and just sold under a no name manufacturer, but then again they could be junk I agree, either way I bought those pads and I will try them since I already paid for the dam things. We will all find out together shortly. We can be friends if you want but I am not going to tell you your right.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
spittybays

......somebody say they had a line on cheap liver transplants from China...I drink Carling

Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spittybays
......somebody say they had a line on cheap liver transplants from China...I drink Carling
PM me this info... LOL!

Quick Reply: What are the correct part number for my rear brake pads