2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wheel hub bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebristol
Drive axle to hub nut 103 ft.lb
Now that depends on what year you are talking about.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Beginning Member
roycet4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Hub does not fit

I figured I would reply to this post and maybe get some advice. I have a 97 Blazer and am replacing the original hub bearings and dust shields. I bought new dust shield from my local Chevy dealer, they are different than the original. The original were attached to the hub bearing, these are not, no big deal.. I also purchased the new hub bearing from Autozone (Duralast) and when I bolted it on to the steering knuckle it did not seat the whole way. pulled if off and the depth of the bearing collar (lack of a better term) is deeper than the original by about 1/8" (even with the dust shield). I am going back to Autozone and return the one I bought and have my original with me to try to match it up. either that or I will try NAPA. Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks
Royce

Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Beginning Member
roycet4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wrong hubs and dust shields

Might as well answer my own question.. The Chevy dealer had sold me dust shields for a AWD (either Blazer or Olds Bravada). A different parts guy noticed it right away. the correct dust shields have the ABS sensor attached, and they are more $$ but the parts guy did an even swap!! So the hubs I bought with the intergrated sensor were not the correct fitting hubs, the correct hubs only have the ABS ring attached and are more $$ also, go figure..