Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Good luck Mike

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I can help with anything but it's pretty straightforward. In my opinion, being crouched up in the back of a hot car was really the only difficult part.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 AM
tri94bbc is on a distinguished road

I'm wanting to obtain an H2 carrier, just need to check dimensions to be absolutely sure it will fit before I spend the $300-400 for it. The swing is the way to go though... My tailgate wouldn't like the spare attached to it like the H3's are.

Last edited by tri94bbc; 06-11-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

My "friends" who were supposed to help bailed on me so no work was done today.... it should be done this weekend though

Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Starting Member

Decided to try on my own today with the help of ratchet straps... But when i got it up there , some of the angles scared me a bit

for example, https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...cture-a-17452/

I cant seem to get it lined up right with out the front not touching of there being a huge gap in the corner..... is this normal?

Last edited by MikeRo; 06-21-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

When u bolt it up it pulls the rack it. Itll sit flush on the quarter pannel when u tighten everything up

Old 06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Starting Member

its not sitting 100% flush but i have silicone to finish that, still trying to get the last 2 bolts in ....it is very frustrating

Old 06-21-2011, 05:33 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by MikeRo
its not sitting 100% flush but i have silicone to finish that, still trying to get the last 2 bolts in ....it is very frustrating
Yea, it is. I had a hard time as well. People make it seem easier than it is. But it is well worth it. It makes the blazer 4 door looks great lol . And I have one question on the silicone. I have black silicone for doors and windows but I'm guessing it is general purpose so you can use it on the blazer.

My question is, can I use the black silicone after it is installed? My rack is fully installed already and it is not quite flush, so I was going to use the black silicone to help out this issue. Do yall just take a caulk gun and put the silicone in that and then squirt it between the body panel and the rack? Then put on some gloves and get rid of the excess? Does that sound like a plan? lol.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Starting Member

Thats pretty much what i'm doing, just running a bead along and then smoothing it out with my hand..... almost done i can taste the VICTORY.... finishing the piece on the tailgate now

Old 06-21-2011, 07:13 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool .

Originally Posted by MikeRo
Thats pretty much what i'm doing, just running a bead along and then smoothing it out with my hand..... almost done i can taste the VICTORY.... finishing the piece on the tailgate now
I'll be waiting for some pics . lol

And if Warthogdriver isn't here to say it, I will when it is fully complete. He has a saying every time someone converts over to spare tire rack mod on 4 door lol.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Starting Member

Those were taken right now

Last edited by MikeRo; 06-21-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD