Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Car Audio Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

well I am please to announce my new build is starting changed up the design a bit though. Still doing 8 SA-12s on 2 SAZ-3500D's but going with a 4th order instead of 6th. Still gonna loud and windy as fawk Stay tuned lol

Old 02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by loud97
could just be a dirty connection on the contacts where tue face folds up and meets the head unit, i had that problem with an older pioneer. you should show me where i have commented about audio that says i have no idea what im talking about. when it comes to car stuff sure, i admit im not too knowledgable about it but i know audio.
Ok, hear me out. i apologize for getting heated over this. i was pissed about other stuff going on in life and took it out where it was not due. some things you say (me too) are not clear and come off as sounding wrong. your post about the 15 not being clear (quoting me) got me going and i just didn't hold back.

Jag, i want to see the build log of your setup

Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i bet an mj 18 sounds loads better than say, dc lvl 4 10's

its not really the size that determines how a sub will perform, but more its design and obviously enclosure.

from what I can tell from youtube videos DC subs are all fart cannons, just built to be loud.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

you really can't tell how a sub sounds from a youtube video...

Sub size really has little to do with sound quality, though. It's all in the way the sub is built, and of course, the enclosure.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran

i understand that. but when you have an L7 or a type R. they get loud and for local shops those are the loud styles they sell. you rarely ever hear one sounding clear

Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazinloud
i bet an mj 18 sounds loads better than say, dc lvl 4 10's

its not really the size that determines how a sub will perform, but more its design and obviously enclosure.

from what I can tell from youtube videos DC subs are all fart cannons, just built to be loud.

my lvl 4 18 sounds like garbage. just thought id let you know.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
i understand that. but when you have an L7 or a type R. they get loud and for local shops those are the loud styles they sell. you rarely ever hear one sounding clear

i myself would say a type r sounds a hell of alot better then any sub made by kicker. now kickers amps on the other hand are amazing. i miss my type r's to be honest i should have just got a couple more.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran

they're great subs for the everyday person who just wants to get loud and sound ok. but for those who want the tighter bass with output need something a little more. not going to say the w7 is anything special but there are a lot of other subs out there for similar money (to the type R) that sound better

Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i for one, can tell how a sub performs on youtube to the extent I need it for, providing its decent quality, and i have others to compare it to.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

finally got my system in. i decided to put in a alpine deck and for the front speakers i got alpine type-s sps-600c components. and for the amps and sub i went old school.. i have a precision power amp powering the front speakers and i have a Rockford Fosgate punch 45 amp powering my 12" kicker. it may be old but sounds amazing.

oh and also, was having stock component speakers an option that could come with a blazer?? because my stock front speakers were components. unless of course the original owner put better speakers in..

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 03-03-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Car Audio Discussion