Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dynamat/FatMat vs. tire noise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Fatmat, has been proven to be an asphalt based material like peal n seal. It only takes 25% coverage to get the needed results from CLD tiles. So if you have 12sqft of area to treat you only need 3sqft of CLD to treat it. Any more than that and the law of diminishing returns comes into play.

It takes some time to pull all that carpet up and install that stuff, but after doing it once its not to bad and yeah it does usually fit back down just fine. A little trimming of the CCF and MLV may need to be done near some things but its not a lot of trouble.
So there will be a big quality difference or it will just stink for a while? I live in Washington so my car heating up and it stinking like tar wont be a problem very often. But yeah i know how pulling the carpet can go lol i have pulled the entire interior out of a blazer at a pick n pull looking for my seat wiring. wasnt hard, but i didnt put it back with extra stuff in the way

Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't trust the fatmat to last. Like peal n seal and other inferior products the adhesive wasn't designed to adhere to the smooth metal surfaces. Add heating and cooling cycles to that and they typically don't stay stuck for real long. Even without a lot of heat that asphalt smell will linger in your vehicle for at least a couple of weeks.

No matter what u decide to use just be sure it's an actual automotive product and that its butyl based. I've got a friend who didn't even think to clean the surface on his doors before applying his Second Skin Damplifier Pro. It's been on there over two years and is still very well attached. That just won't happen with a lesser product.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Ohhh yeah i didnt even think about that part.. Well i will probably end up going with Raamat or the Damplifier pro then.

So it looks like i will get the the dampener and the MLV at the same time. then maybe the CCF in the future. Is there any difference between what he is selling or the MLV on amazon or Ebay?

Like this: 1 LB Pound Mass Loaded Vinyl 4' x 25' Rolls

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Ohhh yeah i didnt even think about that part.. Well i will probably end up going with Raamat or the Damplifier pro then.

So it looks like i will get the the dampener and the MLV at the same time. then maybe the CCF in the future. Is there any difference between what he is selling or the MLV on amazon or Ebay?

Like this: 1 LB Pound Mass Loaded Vinyl 4' x 25' Rolls
Honestly, I'm not sure how close the products are. If I were you I'd email him the question and the link and see what he says. He's always been super honest with me, even when it cost him a sale, and I figure anyone in that situation who's willing to give an answer that's not going to make them any money is honest to a fault.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

There is also a new deadner on the market called Murder Mat. Check it out. It is supposed to be pretty good