Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Kicker Comps

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Kicker Comps

thats what my edead solves, sound deadning does wonders to stop rattles.

This guy I knew in highschool had 2 10" exxxplodes running off a sony deck......I tryed to set him straight but he didnt think he was doing anything wrong

once your running high power rattles are unstopable...untill you start reinforcing with concrete or something

Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah thats understandable, if I turn mine up loud enough sure I had some rattle, but I'm talking more towards a sound level you would normally listen to. Then again, everyone will like something different, and you will not be able to convince everyone of your opinion. Personally I wouldn't mind trying Alpines some day, however the Kickers are what I got at the time

Old 04-01-2007, 02:01 PM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have 2 kicker comp vr 12" subs in a custom box and they pound really hard. I've heard other systems and the only other thing that I have heard come close (actually if powered right, it hits harder)is the MTX sledge hammer series but they take a lot of power. Alpine is a great company and I really wish that we would have kept them as a vendor at Circuit City, but for better bang for the buck Kicker is the best way to go. If you don't like the comp VR's go with the L7 or L5 they make those in dual boxes and they are "Very Nice" (Borat voice). most people that complain about Kicker complain, because they are not using the right type of amp to push them. For some reason Kicker is one of those brands that works better with it's own support equipment. I have a 1000w BA2150HC mono block amp by Bazooka and it does my subs alright, but when I heard the 1000.1zx amp it is a TREMENDOUS difference. I guess I'm saying try out a couple different things before you make your decision.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

theres a big leap forward from a bazooka to a kicker amp, thats why it sounded better. and the mtx sledge is some pretty highend stuff.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:48 PM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I know that there is a huge differenece between a Kicker and a Bazooka, but I also know that kicker works best with it's own support equipment. My friend has the L5 12" and he had a MTX thunder 5303 or 5606 (something of that nature) pushing it. It sounded nice after he had to re wire his speakers to properly function with the amp. He got his Bazooka amp back 2 weeks ago (same model as me BA2150HC) and theres a huge difference between those as well. The Bazooka sounds better. I'm not saying that Bazooka is a better company (because they're not , most have never even heard of them) I'm saying that it all depends on the sound that you are looking for and the price you're willing to put forth.