Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Beginning Member
justin12234 is on a distinguished road

The po cut the harness and theres a purple with white stripe, grey and green wire, what do these go to?

Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

So on the 1st gen s10 blazer you have 2 different parts listed for the wiring harness and the dash kit but you only need 1 of each correct? it is just which brand you want?

Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 PM
jlunde is on a distinguished road
Default uhh

so im installing front speakers....i pulled out my FRONT RIGHT door speaker, and the wires are lightblue and dark blue.
according to this diagram below, they should be Lgreen and Dgreen??...im so confused!
installed my deck properly but the speakers dont sound right... please help!
i have a 2003 blazer...the diagram also only lists front and rear speakers...what about the dash tweeters...
seems like my whole right side is backwards...so i switched the front and rear and tthings still didnt work...am i missing something?

For Blazers and S-10s (including Bravada, Sonoma, Jimmy, Full-Size) the actual stereo wiring is as follows Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

For 2002 up blazers the wiring is as follows:
Radio 12v orange+radio harness
Radio Ground black-radio harness
Radio Ignition dk. green+radio harness
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer)+radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray+,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green+,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow+,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue+,- radio harness

Last edited by jlunde; 07-29-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Starting Member
Josh Bishop is on a distinguished road

there are two harnesses on the factory deck. i am only using one. what will i lose? rap system? or just chime and radio on till door open?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member
bluextremeblazer01slammed is an unknown quantity at this point

i was just gonna throw 2 cents in. if you decide to bypass your bose system just know that the bose speakers are 2 ohm and most cd players are only 4 ohm stable so there is a possibility that you could burn up a head unit. i would recommend replacing the bose speakers with 4 ohm or higher impendance speakers. You can either buy a plate for the doors (8 to 6 1/2 or whatever size your changing to) or you can do like i did and make your own out of 1/4 inch mdf. hope this helps and maybe save some head units

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member
Awesome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bluextremeblazer01slammed
i was just gonna throw 2 cents in. if you decide to bypass your bose system just know that the bose speakers are 2 ohm and most cd players are only 4 ohm stable so there is a possibility that you could burn up a head unit. i would recommend replacing the bose speakers with 4 ohm or higher impendance speakers. You can either buy a plate for the doors (8 to 6 1/2 or whatever size your changing to) or you can do like i did and make your own out of 1/4 inch mdf. hope this helps and maybe save some head units
Bose systems use 8 ohm speakers. They are lower impedance than normal speakers, and thus are easy to blow up. That is the reason it is suggested to change out the speakers if you do the head unit. You will also have to redo all the wiring, as the Bose uses an amplifier somewhere in the system.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Awesome
Bose systems use 8 ohm speakers. They are lower impedance than normal speakers, and thus are easy to blow up. That is the reason it is suggested to change out the speakers if you do the head unit. You will also have to redo all the wiring, as the Bose uses an amplifier somewhere in the system.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...-system-55299/

Do BOSE Car Stereo Speakers Differ From Ordinary Speakers? [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board

Factory Bose speakers ohm rating... - 6speedonline.com Forums

2002 Blazer Xtreme/Bose System - General Audio - Cant find a category for your question? Ask here. - SMD Forum

idk if you are thinking of automotive bose but most of bose automotive applications are 2 ohm. Plus i just probed my factory bose system 8s that was in the door of my blazer just to make sure.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Awesome
And if they were 8 ohm they would not have a lower impedance than normal speakers. actually the normal impedance is 4-8 ohms for normal vehicle applications. which is why most of the time you would not need to worry when changing to a aftermarket head unit. but with bose, running the lower impedane 2 ohm speakers would run the head unit hotter than it should and would eventually fry it.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Beginning Member
Awesome is on a distinguished road

8 ohms is never normal. Otherwise, yeah, I was wrong.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:29 PM
tmac4t4 is on a distinguished road

im trying to install a kendwood HU in my 01 blazer w/BOSE..there is only 1 small plug on the back of the stock deck, not 2 like the non bose systems.....are the wire colors the same as non bose systems? if i can use the factory bose amp to power the bose speakers that would be best, since i dont feel like frying my headunit because of the 2ohm speaker rating...what is the best way to wire up my kenwood? or is it possible to bypass the amp without causing damage to my reciever? ive been researching this forever it seems and keep getting conflicting information

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts