Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
what a beauty ... thats a nice car man I bet shes heavy on the gas all the time eh ? =D
Yea she definitely drives it , but she said she's had it over 130 mph , but it will go faster than that , this lady is so cool , There is a piece missing off her car that she didn't want me to get in the picture so she stood there trying to hide it , and I said O your going to model in front of your car for me , she just laughed .

Originally Posted by r0k0
Love your truck bud ! , looks very good !
Thanks man I'm almost done

Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

Can't wait t'ill the final product !

Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM

You know looking back I wish I did this when I had the 4.3 , I loved the little engine , I can't even explain the **** this blazer has been through , and I still drove it to work everyday even though I have another vehicle I could have drove . If I didn't go into the mudd pit the last time when the engine blew apart , no one else would have ever made it . The mudd was over the hole grill , I had it to the floor bouncing the rev limiter , steering back and forth and it was making it , I was almost out the other side when the engine let go . And it wasn't even the engines fault , I put synthetic oil in it and for some reason the oil just went right through it , I knew I was going to put a v8 in it so I just ran her with no oil , stupid I know but it was fun . I just got a call I have to go meet a friend to get some parts he says I want , we'll see what it is .
Edit : it was the lift blocks I needed for the rear , and they are heavy duty .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM

I worked in my shop till 12am this morning , I have the front spring hangers moved where they needed to be and burnt in real good . Today I'm going to cut a plate of 1/2 inch steel and and weld that to the perches that are on the rear end , the new lift blocks are a little longer , and they won't be sitting on all the perch . Also I have to find out want kind of drop pitman arm I would need for the astrovan steering box , my steering works but it is at quite a angle . The blazer drives better than it ever did , and it looks so cool , I wouldn't hesitate to buy another first gen blazer .

Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Stock wagoneer pitman arm has about 1.5" drop. i dont recall what steering setup u went with, but i think its was stock jeep stuff. i do believe it should match pitman stock ream.

Thats what pitman i have, slightly modified, i didn't use jeep tie rods and drag link.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by skotti
Stock wagoneer pitman arm has about 1.5" drop. i don't recall what steering setup u went with, but i think its was stock jeep stuff. i do believe it should match pitman stock ream.

Thats what pitman i have, slightly modified, i didn't use jeep tie rods and drag link.
What did you use for yours ?

I have the astrovan steering box and then 91 jeep wrangler yj steering (stock)
Its like 80 degrees , I had to take a ride around the valley , it was beautiful . I love having a bike on days like this .

Old 04-16-2012, 01:53 PM

i have the astro steering box, the waggy pitman arm reamed for 1 ton tie rods, and using 1.5" x .25 wall dom tubing for my drag link and tie rod center section, of course 1 ton tie rods and drag links.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Nice , do you think thats something I should look into ? John can you measure from the ground to your frame on your blazer , measure right under your driver seat if you could , and I'll do the same I'm curious how much height I gained .

Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 PM

what pitman arm do you have now? i looked back but didnt see it, but the one pic u just posted i dont know if waggy would be enough drop.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM

I haven't done nothing yet , it's a stock astrovan pitman arm , and yea it needs at least a 4 to 6 inch drop pitman arm now . I measured it with another stock blazer just like mine but a 93 , we measured 7 inches from the ground to the frame and now I know I gained 21 inches ? Holy **** , we measured 28 inches of frame to ground clearance now . I said to my buddie what the hell happened to 6 to 8 inches of lift , I haven't taken any new pictures of my blazer , But its bigger .
I had to help my friend replace his fuel pump in his 2002 GMC Sierra awd Denali all wheel steer , what a friggen awesome truck , I'll post some pictures tomorrow . It's getting so theres so many people around it's hard to get anything done , besides drinking beer and talking trucks , not complaining , just saying .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe