Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
outtarange is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm really looking into building a sas blazer, this thread has been really helpful, and your blazer looks great keep the info coming. i was wondering what size tires could i run with the sky manufacturing kit and some rancho 44044?

Last edited by outtarange; 05-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by outtarange
Hey, I'm really looking into building a sas blazer, this thread has been really helpful, and your blazer looks great keep the info coming. i was wondering what size tires could i run with the sky manufacturing kit and some rancho 44044?
You can definitely fit 35s probably even 38s , I haven't trimmed my fenders or anything though , but I do also have a 3 inch body lift . Which is the worst thing I ever did to the blazer , the lift cylinders don't have enough surface area and they will pound right through the cab mounts , so if you do a body lift make sure to put a piece of steel on top of the lift blocks to distribute the weight better . Good luck and you love your bazer even more after you do this , I know I do .

Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 AM

Today I'm going to mount the brush guard on the blazer , I'm trying to keep things rolling .

That was to easy heres some pictures with the grill guard on

I'm getting ready to leave for the mud pit now , I still can't play yet , but I did the next best thing and I had people stopping on the road to watch me do it . I took my crotch rocket up the muddy corn field , letting her eat , it was fun but I need my blazer back before I kill myself . If you guys are interested I'll post some videos later of the other guys playing in the mud , I'm just going to watch and drink some brewkies .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 05-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:32 AM

Today I'm going to start on some body work , I'm going to weld in repair panels where they are needed and get it ready for new paint . I'm thinking of painting it blue again with two yellow racing stripes front to rear , it should look awesome .
I received a flyer in the mail today for a race at Broome Tioga Sports Center Sunday May 13th , Race starts at 1 , Drivers meeting at 12 . So I decided I have to get a transfer case , the scrap yard want 400 for one , and I can't find anyone who has one that is willing to sell for a reasonable price , till now . I found one for 200 dollars but its about 2 1/2 hours away , money is tight so I called and offered 80 and explained that I was sorry for the low ball price but money was tight and to my surprise he accepted my offer , so road trip for me . I want to race so bad this weekend
Well I now have a transfer case , its a 205 , and it is heavy . I have heard that these t cases are almost indestructible with a few modifications , I will have to make a new rear drive shaft . And the 205 case has a added frame support on the driver side , so it should work better than ever , I take some pictures of it before and after I clean it up .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 05-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
outtarange is on a distinguished road

Hey what did you end up doing in the rear end for lift? was it just a simple axle flip or what? thanks

PS: I started tearing mine down today, I'll start a thread once I start assembly

Last edited by outtarange; 05-07-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM

I did axle flip , 3 inch lift blocks , and I think 8 inch spring hangers , Its back a few pages but its on here somewhere . My frame is 22 " from the ground now at it's lowest point , hope this helps and good luck .

Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

nice 205 is gear driven isnt it?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 AM

Yes it is , I bet it weighs a good 50 to 60 pounds more than the 208 , but the best thing is the added mount on the driver side . I think if the 208 case had this mount it would have never broke , but the reason it did is my motor mount bolts on the driver side came loose . Heres a couple pictures of the cracked 208 case .

And this is the 205 case I picked up yesterday .

Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm going to try and get the t case installed today , I should be OK as long as I have the right adapter to mate it with the transmission . If not I'm in big trouble , I have priced these adapters and there like 400 bucks , I'll be back on later to update .

Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Thing just looks heavy!! dont hurt yourself shoving it up there...lol.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe