Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2001 LS off road build

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 04:49 PM
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Oh for the arm and pivot? Yes, they are for a 1-ton chevy truck and are being repurposed for a Blazer with the help of the bracket.
Idler Arm Pivot #K6723 is the pivot the bracket you speak of?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BritishColumbiafishing
Idler Arm Pivot #K6723 is the pivot the bracket you speak of?
Yes I belive so. I'm going by whatever they listed at the Outfitter Design website.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Yes I belive so. I'm going by whatever they listed at the Outfitter Design website.
I'll order t and install it by mid next week. I'll let you know if it fits

Old 07-31-2021, 10:13 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Here is the bracket you need to install so those parts will work.
https://www.outfitterdesign.com/1-to...m-bracket.html

Old 09-04-2021, 03:45 PM
Wastedwages01 is on a distinguished road
Default .

Quilt over?? Coil over, not sure if it can he done, anyway I have a 4 door ls, not the best for off roading unless you change a few things, i needed to get a custome front shaft as the zr2 blazers have a longer one, the rough country shocks are garbage ×10, I have gone through 4 pairs in 3 years. As i am now changing to bilstine 1500 if i can find some that fit!, the steering box is (sloppy) i added a rough country steering stabilizer, the leaf springs are very long and can be worn down very easily if you load up. I'd recommend adding 2 more stacks. Also fitting 32inch tire you will definitely need ofset rims and to cut a bit of rear bumper.. do your fuel pump befor any of this stuff.

The truck is very capable off road if you know what to do
It can be done a member on here used a off-brand set from Amazon drilling out the bolt holes but it was for stock ride height. I think I've decided to ditch that idea and just go with the 6-in suspension lift.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I got coil overs for the rear of my moms jimmy... I should find those for the front... forgot about them!!! I think it was for a vw bug....

Old 09-04-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wastedwages01
It can be done a member on here used a off-brand set from Amazon drilling out the bolt holes but it was for stock ride height. I think I've decided to ditch that idea and just go with the 6-in suspension lift.

if your going to do a 6 inch lift and actually use it for wheeling I'd recommend a double cardan driveshaft to save your truck from disaster. That is if your truck is actually going to flex

Old 09-04-2021, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
I got coil overs for the rear of my moms jimmy... I should find those for the front... forgot about them!!! I think it was for a vw bug....
empi 00-9570-8 is the part number and yea for a older VW

Old 09-04-2021, 08:49 PM

if your going to do a 6 inch lift and actually use it for wheeling I'd recommend a double cardan driveshaft to save your truck from disaster. That is if your truck is actually going to flex
ok thanks I'll check in to that, Yea I don't cut it any slack lol. Do you have any recommendations for the best spider for this type of use, mine is starting to leak and needs replaced.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wastedwages01
ok thanks I'll check in to that, Yea I don't cut it any slack lol. Do you have any recommendations for the best spider for this type of use, mine is starting to leak and needs replaced.
I went to a driveline shop and got a front prop shaft done they did all the work for me as it was a custome shaft. I did some damage with the stock 1 with only a 3 inch lift

Quick Reply: 2001 LS off road build