Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You'll want to do most of your bracing to the back to hide it more. Plus you do not have as much frame rail to work with out the front. Some custom skid plates will hide the bracket nicely as well. Aluminum diamond plate?

Again, keep up the good work!
i was gonna ask where the extra bracing was (since i didn't see it yet), but on a project like this, wouldn't you want to showcase the custom work, and the beautiful welding?

Originally Posted by Phil
This needs to be renamed- Project BAL (Big A$$ Lift)
BINGO!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's coming along nicely. Not nearly fast enough of course lol .

Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Need more now!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Beginning Member
larrysmachine is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys, no progress today I had real work to do. I own a machine shop so when a customer needs lathe or mill work that's who gets priority. My helper will be in tomorrow and I will post pics of the progress. I hope to have the front fabed and welded out by the end of the day tomorrow.
Larry

Old 11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, we made a little progress today. We got the back spring hanger drops built and welded in and have the springs all bolted in also. It is standing on its own two feet!
Here are some pics of where the project is as of now. we will start on the rear next week.

I am having hell with these pics, country boy trying to use a computer!! bear with me I have a couple more to put on in a bit when I get the camara going my way.
Larry

Old 11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm assuming your on done on the rear, right? lol

Looks Great, your making progress fast!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Will you have to trim the fenders much, or will the tire be sitting below them?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member

Yes, we are going to have to trim just a bit , not to much. My customer is going to do the trimming and install some fender flares. The tough part of this build is going to be the steering, this is my first rodeo on this big of a lift and I am learning as I go. And lord am I learning!!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

for steering couldn't swipe the orbital steering set up off of a tractor and fab it on there? I believe that is what heavy duty truck pullers and monster rigs do...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

are you seriously using the factory GM 10 bolt diffs still?

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers