Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yup. he's using those "tooth picks" under there. somebody else has already said what i just said-i think it was......... Kyle?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Beginning Member
larrysmachine is on a distinguished road

As I stated earlier in the thread, it is a mall queen and the 1/2 ton running gear should work for what my customer wants to do. If this were my balzer and I had the $$ I would do it a bit different. Tube frame, coil overs, 2 1/2 ton running gear Ect...... but it's not, it's my customers and he is the one with the sayso in spending the money.

Larry

Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

ahhh im late im late.
but never too late, i am subscribed now!

cant wait to see the end progress, looks good so far.

i wonder how fast that engine is gonna Shi* on 54" boggers and that big of a lift, i wouldnt say long.
maybe long enough to get it to the mall?

Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Beginning Member

Hi folks, sorry I haven't posted any progress but there hasn't been any. I have been swamped with machine work and have been trying to get cought up on that. I hop in a couple of weeks I will have the rear lifted to match the front. If anyone has any good ideas of links for doing the steering I would love to hear or see it. As stated earlier in the thread this is my first lift being this tall. The further I get into it the more I see needs to be done! I think my customer might stroke when the bill is tallied!!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by larrysmachine
Hi folks, sorry I haven't posted any progress but there hasn't been any. I have been swamped with machine work and have been trying to get cought up on that. I hop in a couple of weeks I will have the rear lifted to match the front. If anyone has any good ideas of links for doing the steering I would love to hear or see it. As stated earlier in the thread this is my first lift being this tall. The further I get into it the more I see needs to be done! I think my customer might stroke when the bill is tallied!!

from what someone said earlier use the steering from a tractor. it should work because thats what alot of big big big trucks do. you just have to fab it up a bit.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A full hydraulic steering setup would be the best.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any old hydraulic steering set up will make it steer like hearding cattle. The best thing to do is get a return to center orbital with a high GPM and a double ended 2.5" ram. Call PSC steering and they will hook you up if you are unfamiliar with flow rates and picking out orbital valves

Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Keep in mind this is a show truck. It's not going to be used for functionality...
I think the owner was going for looks while keeping it cheap.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Beginning Member

Yea, the hydrolic sounds the way to go but I don't think it is in the budget. I will look into the tractor steering box idea. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Larry

Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Keep in mind this is a show truck. It's not going to be used for functionality...
I think the owner was going for looks while keeping it cheap.
very true, so what you need to do, is just go get a big piece of PVC pipe and you'll be fine. no worries.

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers