Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it reminds me of this:

Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by giod
Buy this truck now, and you'll get a complimentary banjo and rear window gun rack!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Buy this truck now, and you'll get a complimentary banjo and rear window gun rack!
Throw in a jug of moonshine and you've got a deal! Hooo-weeee!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are those steps under there?

I actuallt like that, somewhat. Just run a slightly smaller tire, lower it about 2-3 inches and lose the UGLY lookin' steps underneath and it'd be nice.
If you need steps like that to get in the truck, you don't need it.
Jump, climb, rope ladder, Anything but those big *** steps.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

seems like alot of money for a show truck. but you know some people got money to burn

Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I actuallt like that, somewhat. Just run a slightly smaller tire, lower it about 2-3 inches and lose the UGLY lookin' steps underneath and it'd be nice.
If you need steps like that to get in the truck, you don't need it.
Jump, climb, rope ladder, Anything but those big *** steps.
No the thing is it's useless, IMHO you raise a truck to have better offroad ability and to allow the suspension to travel more. But since his is just the stock suspension with the body up on square tube its basically just a 18in body lift:

See his "flex", the trucks useless when a 5in mound in your yard makes the opposite tire come up off the ground...

Old 01-24-2010, 07:26 PM

Yeah, but it'll get some attention at the car show and cruisen' the strip on the way to autozone. Wait, is that, is that his torsion bars connected to the bottom of those steps?
Not sure what that is. Yeah, nevermind, I'll give him $300 for it as is... heh. There is a vid I saw on youtube of a s10 pickup in I think mexico that was bone stock except for 33's or 35's and a 6-8 inch body lift. It...was...FUGLY.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM

Yes those are indeed the torsion bars. I think the ugly steps were just an after though and a way to justify the bars for the torsion mounts lol.

Yea he was asking 14k... and it sold.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Yes those are indeed the torsion bars. I think the ugly steps were just an after though and a way to justify the bars for the torsion mounts lol.

Yea he was asking 14k... and it sold.

Ooookay... And I thought hockey pucks with a coke can wrapped around them was a odd lift method.

14K huh? Well I guess he had that much in the paint, tint, rims and tires, "custom lift", and the vehicle its self. Lost money on it but, with crippling that truck like he did, I'd call it even. In WV, any body spacer bigger than 3 inch is not street legal. I love blacked out trucks but after 30 minutes of thought, I'dve offered him $150 for it $200 if he'd keep the tires and rims and take off the lift.

BTW: Giod, I really like the rims and grill on your truck. Never seen that combo before and it really makes it stand out. Good choice!

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 01-24-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: :nosaeR
Old 01-24-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Ooookay... And I thought hockey pucks with a coke can wrapped around them was a odd lift method.

14K huh? Well I guess he had that much in the paint, tint, rims and tires, "custom lift", and the vehicle its self. Lost money on it but, with crippling that truck like he did, I'd call it even. In WV, any body spacer bigger than 3 inch is not street legal. I love blacked out trucks but after 30 minutes of thought, I'dve offered him $150 for it $200 if he'd keep the tires and rims and take off the lift.

BTW: Giod, I really like the rims and grill on your truck. Never seen that combo before and it really makes it stand out. Good choice!
From the ad:

"This truck is 100% LEGAL in every state EXCEPT: Cali, Conn.,Delaware, Florida,Hawaii,Idaho,Illinois,Maine,Maryland,Mass, Mich,Minn,Mississippi,Missiouri,Nevada,New hampshire,New jersey,New york,north carolina,ohio,penn,RI,South carolina,tenn,utah,vermont,virginia,wash,west virginia,wisconson. If your state is not on this list then you are clear with the police."

Heres the ad: http://socaltrucks.com/forsale2/view...g.php?view=532

Thanks for the compliments. When I posted I was gonna put Xtreme wheels on my 4x4 people said it would look stupid and rub the fenders. They were wrong about both

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers