Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

HAHAHAHa, Stacks, Gasser...5.3, high miles, says 2wd, 10 mpg. lol that thing is a joke!

But as for the OP this will look neat when done. Def. woulda been better if it was fully functional but its not my build.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

What about 4 link suspension for the front and rear? Thats probably the route i would have went with, IMO.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Illegal in 30 states? Save the time and name the 20 that it IS legal in.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by giod
Thanks for the compliments. When I posted I was gonna put Xtreme wheels on my 4x4 people said it would look stupid and rub the fenders. They were wrong about both

yeah, but you still haven't fixed that nasty *** dent in your right fender.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

old skool luvr, yea need a 120 bucks to get the fender and hood from the junk yard. 17, no job, lol it's gonna have to wait.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I actuallt like that, somewhat. Just run a slightly smaller tire, lower it about 2-3 inches and lose the UGLY lookin' steps underneath and it'd be nice.
If you need steps like that to get in the truck, you don't need it.
Jump, climb, rope ladder, Anything but those big *** steps.

Uhhh.....those arent just steps , those are brackets to hold the torsion bars which are still located in the factory position. Ive seen this truck first hand and its one of the most half azzed piles of sheet Ive ever ran across , not to mention a waste of a decent truck. It was build by a car club idiot, all he wanted was 49's on his truck. This thing is a death trap.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by giod
old skool luvr, yea need a 120 bucks to get the fender and hood from the junk yard. 17, no job, lol it's gonna have to wait.
i'm just breakin' ***** is all. no harm intended.

your hood is done too? didn't realize it was that bad. but have you tried to at least pop it out somewhat?

but i've gotta ask, since you've redone your sig with the new wheels, why didn't you take it from the driver's side? (please don't tell me that side is bad too).

Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 AM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/project-ravenblaze-38742/
You can see how bad it was there so yea theres a lot of damage. Had 3 people try to pop it out and no one can do it.

And the driver side fender is black primer, waiting till I get all the parts to color match em.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
yeah, but you still haven't fixed that nasty *** dent in your right fender.
... Typical

jk I wonder if this project just failed.... havn't heard from the builder in what... 2 months?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I don't think it failed. The last update was that his shop was getting very busy, which takes priority over this project. I guess thats a good thing though. Can't complain about having a lot of business.

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers