Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM
bigpeet is on a distinguished road

This was an inspiring thread to read. Great job not giving up on it when all seemed lost!

Old 02-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice fix.

My old stuff is still holding together. Hopefully it will until about next year when the engine and transmission should be ready. This year hopefully it is Alfa Romeo time. I will need the Blazer to tow the Alfa around.

I have some rust spots on the frame as well. Need to address that once the engine and trans are out.
Nice to see rust free Blazers
I originally brush painted my frame with rustoleum semi gloss back. It looked great for a long time. But through 2 years of crappy weather its not looking as good as it did. Might paint over it with bedliner at some point.

And yes, it is always good to see rust free blazers

Originally Posted by bigpeet
This was an inspiring thread to read. Great job not giving up on it when all seemed lost!
Thanks bigpeet. Sometimes i just read through my build thread when i have nothing to do. Never gets old.

I wouldn't blame someone else for giving up on their blazer if it were in the condition mine was in. But it wasnt just a car to me. I have known this car my whole life and have a lot of memories with it. Figured i owed it to at least try to fix it. Sucks finding good condition used parts in my color though :icon:lol

Old 06-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Chris Pyle is on a distinguished road

WOW I have read your post from beginning to end. I took a couple weeks to get it all done. Saw a teal Blazer in the Walmart parking lot just today and came back here to finish reading. I could not tell the year. HA I am a woman all I see is the color and I was driving so could not look too hard at it. I had tears in my eyes when I saw the damage to your Blazer and am totally amazed how well you restored her/him? My Blazer is also teal 1995 and it honestly belonged to an old granny from new and now belongs to another old crone me, I can not claim granny status but I am certainly old enough. I bought my Blazer in March 2017 from the granddaughter of granny. It now has 80,500 miles or so on it first time around. So it is older with relatively few miles on it.

I do hope you are still reading and posting here. I have the radio killing the battery issue I read about here some where and now can not find the thread. Yes I searched for it. Mine is doing so even though a friend pulled the fuse it still drains the battery within a few days so I keep her plugged into a trickle charger. I have a friend here that said he will change out the radio. The people I bought her from did not have this trouble of the battery draining but they took out the old radio as soon as they got her and then when they sold her to me they put the old stock radio back in it. Grandma was also having the battery issues. I have a new battery as of 2018. My question is can I just have my friend a radio buff who does all the installs for the local Sheriff department put in any radio that fits or? I am totally clueless. I am not into listening to music much now and mostly just want the battery drain issue gone.

Another thing is I will need new tires I think. They keep slowly going low. I have to add air about once every 6 weeks. Maybe this is normal?? Some one told me if you do not drive them they will go low. This is my second car I bought to use to go to the dump and to bring home heavy things when I am doing yard work building what not. GASP I know I feel bad for saying this to you. I fell in love with the car and bought it sight unseen from Craigs list and the guy promised me I would not have troubles and so far I have not but I have not driven her further than 10 miles from my home and back. I need to get over my fear of driving. It is a 90 mile round trip to major shopping for me.

This is my second Blazer. I forget the year of the first one had to have been way before 1995 because we bought it used I think in 1993. It went down the river in a flood in 1997 and there was not a mark on it then. So sad as it was beyond totaled. We did not even find it for a week when the flood waters went down.
It also was just a two door. Mine now is a four door.

Link to a photo of her. I need to refresh myself on how to properly post photos here. I adore the color. Hubby is gone now, cancer, so I no longer have my resident mechanic. Thanks for any information you can give or if you remember the radio thread shoot me the link.
The day I got her.