Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL

Bonus points if you know where it came from, ill let you know if your right when i update the finished product.
Those are for the airbag sensor circuit that is behind the glove box.

Am I right?

Old 10-12-2019, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That is correct the one on the left is the 99, and the right is unknown...

Old 10-14-2019, 10:51 AM
BF Veteran

Got enough work done for the weekend, it's Cold and windy, and priorities are coming in effect lol... but got a before and after, extremely pleased, and might keep the color combo...

Before

After

Going to take better pics when the sun goes down to get a better look at them, too much glare to tell anything by the pics lol

Old 10-14-2019, 06:24 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is looking good!

Old 01-30-2020, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran

Little update, nothing important but figured I'd post on here since I haven't since last year 😋

went to storage to see about moving the truck around and getting it ready to go to the mechanic next month, dead battery. So just gonna wait until i have to move it and get it towed with CAA.

other then that, I picked up a new to me hood bug deflector, mine only cover the hood at the moment, the new to me one covers the front corners of the fenders. I started looking at parts and prices for a solid axle swap, nothing major. Starting to look into side steps, as well as ones that I can retro fit. Other then that nothing on the blazer.

I also had a thought, would it be over kill if I doubled up my aluminum skid plates? I have two sets for the remote oil filter and the transfer case.

on a none blazer related note:

Malibu: I got 4 new shock assemblies installed, a control arm bushing, both front wheel hubs, and both rearward rear control arms. Less then 1g in parts so not too bad.

Civic: installed new alternator and 3 serpentine belts, retrofitted RSX leather heated seats front, RSX leather rear seats, and now I need to look at either patching my exhaust or getting a new one, replacing front to back...

Old 01-31-2020, 08:59 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

I'll be interested in seeing some more (better) pics of your finished product. I like the 2 tone setup in my 2016 and thought it might look good in my S10 also. I'm wanting to get some pieces that can be painted so they'll match my steering wheel color and help it flow with the rest of the interior better.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:52 PM
Cuzynot is on a distinguished road

Hey man I seen you wanted to build a roof rack I have done this already for one of my blazers I had hit me up if you have any questions

Old 03-02-2020, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
Default She will live, oh yes, she will live...

I had a little issue with the civic on Friday, so decided to scrap it and get the truck towed to the mechanic. I dont have the time to do the work, and I can pay him in payments, so it makes sense.

Lower ball joint snapped

Pulled cv axle out, who knows what else is messed. Got 300 from scrap yard, paid 400 when i bought it.

Getting towed to mechanics

I'll post the work that got done, but there wont be any pics of the work sorry.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by eshaw
I'll be interested in seeing some more (better) pics of your finished product. I like the 2 tone setup in my 2016 and thought it might look good in my S10 also. I'm wanting to get some pieces that can be painted so they'll match my steering wheel color and help it flow with the rest of the interior better.
truck will be on the road soon, will get you better pics of the dash when I get her back.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

I tried to look back in post but did not see what blazer heading to shop for. Last I saw had a dead battery issue?

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer