Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 11:10 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Did you check your fuel pressure regulator I had a blazer before that completely went on my it started leaking so much I ended up with fuel in the oil but before it want that bad it was hard to start and would misfire when given gas and ran rough. And for the tie rod hitting your front diff I had that issue it wasn’t trimmed enough sheared off the grease nipple. I plan on ordering all new tie rods and a new idler arm my bars are cranked and keep blowing them

Old 04-22-2020, 11:10 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I got the body lift so I can turn the bars down abit and have the tires stop hitting the inner fenders

Old 04-22-2020, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I didnt trim my diff enough aswell so I gotta do that when I throw some new shocks on the front... rough country ones were ok at the begining. But I suggest getting heavier duty ones if you plan on hitting pot holes sort of speak... my drivers is shot for sure and I'm sure passenger side is gone by now, but I will pull it off and inspect it properly........

but for fun new, I got paint for the rims! Going to throw some rustoleum clear coat afterwards... I'm going to do a test paint with the center caps, and if I like it, I'll be trying to talk the wife into letting me paint the blazer...

New paint for warmer weather

Gunmetal for the rims, with potential yo replace the black.

Sonic blue for the center caps test, with potential to replace the white.

Touch up to fix some bare areas, got some spots on the roof that has flaked off... as well as paint the chrome part of the grill...

Old 04-24-2020, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran

So I spent some time sanding, and priming/painting. Wanted to address some spots on the roof before they got any worst, and got 1 rim done. I love how the colors are going together... I gotta try and talk the wife into letting paint the truck now....

What i had to work with

Sanded with an 80 grit, not worried too much of overall finish as its not a show truck by any means.... if it get to that point, well i got a base coat to fine tune thats all... and itll need it by then.

Primmed, already looks better

Gunmetal metallic, no gloss

Sonic blue pearl metallic, gave it a 220 sand before i out a test coat over just to see

EXTREMELY pleased with the color combo

They always start small....

Dont need that any worst...

Old 04-24-2020, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran

Shot the emblem with gunmetal

got all the chrome primed aswell, went to paint them white but the can didnt want to cooperate, seeing if the glue will help it tomorrow or next dry day, or atleast 6hrs lol

Old 04-25-2020, 10:25 AM
BF Veteran
Default Bubye chrome!!

Before

After

and covered the primer on the roof

I didnt sand the edges to "blend" the new and original paint together as I think the wife is on board with paint the blazer.... so I just wanted it covered

Old 04-25-2020, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
Default All put back together

so much happier

Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Looks great! I like those ZQ8 wheels.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looking good! Are you putting new/different tires on the zq8 wheels?

Old 05-05-2020, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran

I am putting new to me tires on, got a good deal on some Goodyear wranglers for 120. I might have to replace one of the rubbers tho. Tires I'm getting are 245/75r16, the converted converts them to 30.5x9.5x16.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer