Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I haven't gotten it back yet, we just got it buttoned up last night, mechanic took it home for the test drive, and is doing the cold start this morning to make sure no leaks and everything is good. He will also be hooking the fans up today, so I will be getting it back tonight.

Last edited by DonL; 07-22-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:41 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Sweet! Congrats!

BTW, I have Intrepid fans on mine and it never even comes close to overheating under any driving conditions.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

So I got the truck back. Everything is running amazing now. And she looks great! Swapping the tires this week to the new to me summers.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran

Now that the truck is back, my cat is seeming to act up lol. I have a misfire on cyl 6 and the 420 code. Swapped out the spark plug when I got home from work, and gonna see if the cat goes away, if not I'm gonna take the wifes sonoma and the blazer to get them removed(hopefully).

Old 07-23-2020, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran

No i didnt get to the rims with everything else😥

Old 07-24-2020, 03:31 PM
BF Veteran

Doing work on the blazer, idle arm and pitman arm are shot(so the shop says, I believe idle but not pitman). Both front shocks are shot, I suspectected that as I've read the rough country ones dont really last. I did pick up a set of zr2 shock absorbers, and with a test fit, they are a little shorter then then rough country ones, will see how long they last. And lastly I had the left outer tie rod, theres a lot of play in it, so I will swap out both, keep one as a spare, then bring for an alignment over the weekend if I can find a place.

other then that, engine is good, cat is getting delt with, and the bigger tires fill out nicely. Some trimming to do, but I'm ok with that lol

Old 07-24-2020, 03:35 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tom A
Sweet! Congrats!

BTW, I have Intrepid fans on mine and it never even comes close to overheating under any driving conditions.
how did you wire the fans up? With the heat wave here I wanna put them in mine as the temps climb high with the ac on

Old 07-24-2020, 03:43 PM
BF Veteran

Soooo.... lol... not really lol but urg...

With me pushing the one mechanic shop, and him being ready to go home before a weekend. I told him to forget about wiring them up. But I will be getting to them. He said since they have the relays attached, I can just do a hot wire and ground to two switches, and be good to go. I cant remember what year intrepid they are from, but I know it's the newer model and not the original lol.

I can update when I get to them. As for now I need to deal with from end issues on blazer, and overheating on sonoma...

busy busy busy...

Old 07-28-2020, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran

So this just happened thankfully it wasnt while driving down the road with the trailer...

Old 07-28-2020, 09:34 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
So this just happened thankfully it wasnt while driving down the road with the trailer...

You OK?? Scary stuff.

It looks like the upper ball joint stud either broke or the nut came off allowing the stud to come out.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer